Freeport Transport Industries

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Dave1837, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    This company is located in Freeport, PA about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh. I had no experience in truck driving, just the fact that my dad had drove for 40+ years, and they hired me when I got my CDL permit. I was very thankful for that as I did not want to go to a major carrier like Swift or CR England. The owner and his son met with me at my interview and I immediately felt welcomed. I was trained on liquid tank, bulk tank, flatbed and vac trailers and was trained very well. After I was comfortable on them they put me in my own truck. Their whole fleet consists of very well maintained Peterbilts, 379, 389, and some 386's as well, about 95% of them are pre-emission or glider kits. The pay is very fair ,and unloading time is hourly along with driving (under 250 miles) and when I write up an issue with a truck or trailer it's typically fixed the very next day. Very happy that I landed this job. Almost 5 months in now and I can't see myself working anywhere else for a long time.

Bogesey and Lonesome Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jland1962

jland1962 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2018
    your experience is rare congratulations

4. Dksharpy17

Dksharpy17 Bobtail Member

Dec 9, 2020
    Im going to meet with them on Monday definitely looking forward to it

Dave1837 Thanks this.
  5. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Good luck!!

6. KenHoo75

KenHoo75 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2021
    Hey man I know this post is a bit old, and I've see you've moved on from FTI, but what are your current thoughts on them as a starter?

7. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    I can't really speak ill of them, they were a great company when I first started. There were some things that just got on my nerves over time. Do you have experience or are you just starting out?

8. KenHoo75

KenHoo75 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2021

9. KenHoo75

KenHoo75 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2021
    Sorry it took me so long to get back to ya... I'm just starting out. I'm in my mid 40s and have had my CDL for 5 years. Worked for Schneider Bulk for about a month right after I got it and my regular job called me back.

10. Dave1837

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    If you wanna work, they have plenty of work and you'll do very well. They're not a bad starter company, their training isn't the best though (unless they changed it). I lucked out because my dad trained me but a lot of other guys got a day of training and was thrown to the wolves. You'll run the region but not much further than that unless you're willing to stay in Alabama for 2-4 weeks. There's a lot of pre-loading trailers, but if you're gonna be running the road you'll be picking them up instead of loading them.

If there's anything I didn't cover feel free to ask!

11. KenHoo75

KenHoo75 Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2021
    Appreciate the quick replies man! Yes, honestly I'm very concerned about the training. I haven't even been in a truck since Schneider,and I told them in no uncertain terms that I am just a guy with a CDL right now. So where would runs be for a new guy; in other words, what can I expect my days/week to be like?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.