Freeport Transport Industries

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Dave1837, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Dave1837

Dave1837 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    This company is located in Freeport, PA about 20 miles north of Pittsburgh. I had no experience in truck driving, just the fact that my dad had drove for 40+ years, and they hired me when I got my CDL permit. I was very thankful for that as I did not want to go to a major carrier like Swift or CR England. The owner and his son met with me at my interview and I immediately felt welcomed. I was trained on liquid tank, bulk tank, flatbed and vac trailers and was trained very well. After I was comfortable on them they put me in my own truck. Their whole fleet consists of very well maintained Peterbilts, 379, 389, and some 386's as well, about 95% of them are pre-emission or glider kits. The pay is very fair ,and unloading time is hourly along with driving (under 250 miles) and when I write up an issue with a truck or trailer it's typically fixed the very next day. Very happy that I landed this job. Almost 5 months in now and I can't see myself working anywhere else for a long time.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  2. jland1962

jland1962 Bobtail Member

Aug 15, 2018
    your experience is rare congratulations

• Draft saved Draft deleted