Freight is where I want to be.

Discussion in 'FedEx' started by Sportsman02, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Sportsman02

Sportsman02 Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2015
    I am currently working local for a company out of Balwinsville, NY. I been driving since April of 2015 I know FedEX Freight has a terminal out of the Syracuse Airport I believe and I live 10 minutes away the most. How much experience do you need to get into this company also how old do you have to be as I am only 21 years old?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cummimgs Trucking LLC

Cummimgs Trucking LLC Light Load Member

Jun 20, 2015
    LOS ANGELES, CA
    Not sure about age, but I believe they want 1 year exp.

4. DrummingTrucker

DrummingTrucker Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2015
    They like you to have at least 1 yr experience..that way when you lay it over you do it right sorry couldn't resist.

S M D Thanks this.
  5. warrior81

warrior81 Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2012
    Somewhere
    one experience for a full time driver position .21 year or older which is a DOT requirement to drive inter-state i think .but you can apply for driver apprentice position and start from the bottom .everything is based on seniority when working for Fedex .

6. MadeinMX

MadeinMX Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Mexico
    Apply for a dockworker position, full time or part time, once you get it, get in the Driver Development Program (no experience required). It takes four or five weeks and once you graduate, they promote you to city or road driver.

7. Elendil

Elendil Heavy Load Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Ottawa, IL
    Some terminals are so short on drivers, the 1 year requirement is often overlooked. You have nothing to lose by applying. Go online and you can search opening by location.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.