Freightliner DD15 - beeping

Discussion in 'Heavy Duty Diesel Truck Mechanics Forum' started by MTMAUS, Aug 5, 2022.

1. MTMAUS

MTMAUS Light Load Member

Sep 28, 2019
    Hey, I have a 2017 freightliner argosy, in Australia, with a DD15 and smart shift Auto.

Lately there has been a beeping sound coming on and off, whilst u are driving along you will get a mix of a constant beep, and what sounds like a beeping code, the beeping even sometimes just happens during the night whilst everything is off and I am sleeping.

I think it is the step, but nothing really makes sense. So a couple of questions.

Does anyone know if the steps are on their own circuit? Does it have a fuse that can be pulled?

I have read online that you can sometimes add extra earth's to the steps connections, anyone know how exactly to do this?

I have read online that Freightlines use the same buzzer for all of the warning beeps, and this is behind the dash somewhere? Any idea how hard it is to actually just disconnect the physical buzzer?

This thing is driving me insane. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    That’s a lot newer than any Freightliner I ever owned, but you could look and see if there’s a jumper in the plug for the low water temp sender. Even with mechanical Cats those would make the engine light flicker and the alarm with it. Most I ever saw had jumpers in them before they were off warranty. Be someplace to start, that was a chassis issue with those, didn’t matter what engine was in them they all did it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.