Fresh Meat at GTI

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by Palazon, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Palazon

Palazon Road Train Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Apparently something is wrong with the truck they had planned so I'm doing regional for the TC fleet atm. Grrrrr......

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Well after I reminded the office people that GTI wasn't my only option (hint hint), I was finally given a new truck for the TC fleet. 1st real run is tomorrow, 2300 miles. New rig is very nice, quiet and has an APU. Someone took out the upper bunk, but I think I can improve the storage with a couple of 2x4's and plywood (no screwing to the rig). I really like the hydralic clutch (bum knee).

4. TheOpenRoad

TheOpenRoad Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Glad it's working out for you. In another thread, someone mentioned that GTI does Rand McNally zip code to zip code miles and you end up driving more than what you get paid for. Has this been the case for you?

5. Desert_Skies

Desert_Skies Medium Load Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Victorville,CA
    I have not had the chance to go over my pay sheets for verification because I was out for six weeks. I will tell you that my actual miles are usually within 1% of the paid miles that are listed with the load assignment. Most of the time that one percent is in my favor.

Remember "paid miles" on any run do not include side trips off route for shopping or other personal activities. Some of the people that are new wont realize how many miles you can rack up a week if your jumping off route multipile times each day. For me I try and hit Walmart super centers twice a week for groceries then all I come off route for are fuel stops.

TheOpenRoad Thanks this.
  6. coldhardsteel

coldhardsteel Bobtail Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Modesto, ca
    you need to keep on your miles because to Qualcomm doesn't track right. like for example lathrop yrd to Medford yrd is 364 miles and yet the qualcomm said it 361.8 miles and stop in Corning for fuel.

7. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I agree that you need to keep track of your miles ( I trust no one...) but GTI has been very accurate. Normally I have about 10 miles a day on the odometer that I'm not paid for (grabbing a burger, potty breaks, etc). I do have my gripes, but for the most part they're a very honest and good company.

FYI: GTI is paid on Practical miles instead of House Hold miles like many companies. I believe (please correct me if wrong) that practical pays zip code of shipper to zip code of reciever while HHG pays Closest zip of shipping city to closest zip of recieving city. How many zip codes in L.A.?

8. gonetruckin2

gonetruckin2 Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Hello there drivers. I am new to this site. I used to drive for Gordon (3.5 years, T.C. fleet, Jim Pitman) and loved it. Jumped off the truck a few years ago to spend time with my youngest son during his last year of high school. Took a job in Law Enforcement. I really miss driving. Thinking about making a return to Gordon if they'll have me. Just gotta get the wife to agree, lol. I was going to lease a truck before I left, and I think I still want to do that. Thoughts from other leasers to GTI??

9. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    I haven't researched the LO portion of GTI. I've heard some bad things but they sound like the normal grumbling. Sorry I can't be more help there.

10. Palazon

Feb 5, 2009
    Tacoma, WA
    Grrrrr..... I'm on hometime and the office loaned out my truck... with all my gear still on it. No phone call, etc. I find out by calling in for my next assignment. "Oh, we loaned your truck, so you can't run today". Then after it gets back, they put it in for a service, so another day off..... again, no phone call.

Communications is a really big issue with these desk jockeys.

11. TheOpenRoad

TheOpenRoad Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2012
    Just regular home time and they loan out your truck??? WTF? And no phone call??? WTF???

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.