Freymiller Bound;Reefer Madness Begins!!!

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by floatnlikefiber, Jun 14, 2012.

1. 22dragoo

22dragoo Bobtail Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Oklahoma City
    Congratulations, did you get assigned a truck yet?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BckrUp

BckrUp Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    I know which one, yes.

Hey Ssand Man... according to my husband, i met you today at the picnic table. Honored to meet you, Sir!!

4. Ssand Man

Ssand Man Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    Well, thank you. I don't know who you are tho??
    But, welcome to Freymiller. I hope this company is everything you want it to be. You know how to reach me,if you ever need my help.

5. Ssand Man

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    Wait a minute. I reread your post. You didn't meet me today, I'm in Cali. Grabbing a load in the morning. Taking it to ATL. Then, some home time!

6. BckrUp

BckrUp Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    There must be another in the company. Maybe someday I'll get the honor of meeting you...
    Yes, 22dragoo, 7558 is the new ride. So much smoother a ride than the freight shakers I'm used to.

7. BckrUp

BckrUp Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    "Manage YOUR hours of service. If you have to sit for as reset, then YOU messed up! I only do resets on home time!"
    That will depend somewhat on the time given for loads. I run team.

8. Ssand Man

Apr 20, 2015
    10 miles from no where!
    I wouldn't know anything about team running. I'm just solo or.

9. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    If I'm not required to take a 34 every week, then I'm not getting enough miles. In the last six weeks, I've run a 3600, 3900, and if my current load accepts early delivery after I finish my current 34, I might break 4000 miles this week.

The first two weeks were in a 62 MPH truck. This week I am governed at 65.

If I have to sit for a reset, then I'm running the way I want to run. One day off per week AND as many miles as a recapper.

Metallica88 and Jarhed1964 Thank this.
  10. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Dude. You don't know WTH you're talking about. Staying out for extended tours, sometimes a reset is prudent and makes perfect sense, and sometimes it doesn't. It all depends on the loads that come down, and the appointments, and a number of other factors.

Never mind the fact it's often a matter of personal preference, and there is no "right or wrong" approach especially when doing extended tours.

I've strung two 3,600+ mile weeks together with a reset somewhere inside, and I've done it 100% recap all the way through. I don't know where you're running where you can deliver and pickup on your schedule but I don't have that luxury, as most in the OTR reefer game don't have it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.