Freymiller going down the tubes?

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by asphaltreptile311, Feb 12, 2020.

1. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    I'm starting to see more and more disgruntled freymiller drivers than I used to. Freymiller just a few years ago had 200-300 trucks now they are 600 approaching 700 trucks, with the intent to build up to 1000 trucks soon. Freymiller used to have a good name is that fading away?

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Yep, when i'm down in Texas or Florida. Lots of angry Freymiller guys, who are more than happy to tell you all about it. Sounds like they went full Corporate.....Hear the same thing about Western Flyer WFX.

4. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Western flyer and freymiller are pretty much butt buddies that hate each other

BigHossVolvo Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Freymiller had filed bankruptcy a few times over the years. Was always leery of them.

6. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
  7. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    Freymiller hasn't gone down hill. They have always been a garbage company.

rickyboricky, bzinger and JC1971 Thank this.
  8. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    .I think he may have we/we on this own socks?

9. Mid-May Trucker

Mid-May Trucker Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2018
  10. Lonestar87

Lonestar87 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2018
    Don’t believe all the truck stop gossip. I’ve had some issues with them, but still maintain they’re great for a STARTER COMPANY. Nice equipment and most office/shop staff are awesome. Night/weekend dispatch is top notch, seriously they’re amazing, though conversely my assigned dm is an idiot, and their home time policy is antiquated, but it’s a good place for a greenhorn to get some experience before moving on. I don’t think they’ve gone full corporate yet, though it’s definitely been moving in that direction in the almost year I’ve given them so far. If you have an issue and make use of their open door policy, the big wigs will still take care of you. The issue seems to be middle/lower management. Just because someone was a great driver for years doesn’t mean they’re qualified to be a driver manager. Some of these people have no business dealing with another human being and don’t have the capacity to think for themselves beyond quoting policy, however counterproductive it may be to a given situation or even the company itself. I couldn’t imagine staying here for years like some of these guys, or hiring on to them with years of experience already under the belt. The pay scale just isn’t enough to justify that, nor worth the hassle of arguing with a mental midget. Just 2 cents worth of pros/cons from a mildly disgruntled rookie before he moves on to greener pastures.

xRaymond, Kidd05, Purplepete90 and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.