From Day One - Abilene Motor Express (Richmond, Wytheville, VA)

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by ScooterDawg, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Happy Turkey Day all!

popcorn169 and YardDart Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Yeah Brin, it was directed at U Turn. You and I have the Groome family. Happy Thanksgiving buddy, looking forward to meeting up.

4. popcorn169

popcorn169 Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2011
    state of confusion
    ScooterDawg haven't heard anything out of you in a few. I hope everything is ok and that you have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Terry

5. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Lake Worth, FL.
    He's doing just fine. We speak every week. He's on his way back from Clinton Iowa with his student and delivers in Va Beach on Friday.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

popcorn169 Thanks this.
  6. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    thanks JB, I was wondering myself and was gonna call him.

7. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    George, yep that was me. Had my own studio for awhile.

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  8. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    After I left NYC I headed over to Stanhope, NJ for a broker load going to Norfolk. Picked up Tue and delivers Amon. Can't afford that many days off so I called Chris to see if he would have something Wed at the yard heading back north. He said yeah bring it to the yard. Got to the yard Wed at noon and he had a load picking up in Hampton delivering this morning. It was a preload so I had enough time to get within a half hour to the house. Well I got there and Mr Murphy was at the gate. They were out of our trailers to load and one came in 30 min prior that they put in the door. Got there at 1415 and they finished around 1900. Took the rest of my 10 there and boogied home for T-day.

Delivered ex this morning and it was an interesting lot. I can't remember the customer code so when I get back in the truck I'll post a VERY important tip of this place on my directions thread.

gntorres61 Thanks this.
  9. BigBrin

BigBrin Medium Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Mechanicsville, VA
    Stanhope...spray in insulation? If its the same thats an interesting lil town itself!

10. UTurn1

UTurn1 Heavy Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Correct. My son lives in Blairstown, not to far from there.

11. gntorres61

gntorres61 Road Train Member

Aug 17, 2013
    Plymouth NC
    Hey U turn,
    My parents had their own studio in the Southside Hampton Roads area and we did mostly weddings for 35 years. My dad closed the studio in 1996 and semi retired and just did little league sports photography. We met Ryan Zimmerman, Washington Nationals 3rd baseman way back when he was in little league. Once met a Baltimore area wedding photographer who use to give seminars. Real good guy named Ed Pearce. Did you know him? Ah the memories. Ready to make some more now with Abilene. Hope to meet you real soon. I'll be training with Johnboy. We'll be at the terminal around 2pm. Small world.

George

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.