From School to Superior Carriers

Discussion in 'Superior Carriers' started by Keith48, Mar 27, 2007.

1. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    They pull some of our dedicated loads occasionally when we can't cover all of them. Other than that I don't know much about them. Never been there. Not sure what the major accounts are down there.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    Great thread! I just finished a cdl driver school last week and am looking to get hired by Superior as my 1st choice for employment .. I got all the normal pre-hires from the bigger outfits (Werner,Swift,Stevens,TMC,Covenant,etc) but have heard nothing but great things about Superior. I just filled out the online app but will also give the local TM a call to follow up next week. I also applied with KBR in hopes of a high paying Iraq trucking job since working in hot & hostile conditions isnt a problem for me, plus I'm single and can pack up & leave on moments notice to go out of the country for a year or two for the right pay. Thanks for posting your training log, it's given me a real good idea of what to expect if i'm hired by Superior being a newbie coming right out of driver school.

4. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Well good luck to you. I feel fortunate to have started there. I am not sure if they still take extended training students. The call to the terminal manager is the main thing. They control the hiring process based on individual terminal needs.

5. t bird

t bird Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Advance NC.
    WSYROB sorry to say i could not get on with Superior but i did get on wit CTL. Seems like they will be good Co. to work for so fare, I have been with them for 4 weeks now.
    I am to load Tuesday in High Point and go to Pearland Tx. for Thursday AM.
    If you see me out and a bout some were give me a shout my truck No# is 16466

6. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Glad to hear you got a job pulling tanks. I am heading out in about an hour pulling an empty from High Point to Iowa City Iowa. Drop and hook a loaded one then back to High Point. Load probably delivers Thursday early morning.

7. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    09/07-09/11

I got lazy and decided to run this load with 3 breaks. It would have been real tight anyway with all the 55 mph speed limits in Illinois. I also opted to stay at Loves truck stops for the free showers and soda. They are spaced about 600 miles apart including the turn in Iowa City. Total run is around 1920 so that leaves me 120 miles short with an 8:00 AM delivery.

Thursday they had me drop my Scope load at P&G then bobtail to a tank wash to grab an empty. I had a load appointment at 10:00 AM 1/5 mile from the tankwash. This is a place I had never been to before. There was a nasty blindside around a building to get to the loading racks. It was also a real dirty place. Fortunately they did all the loading so I got to stay in the truck. It was so nasty in that plant that the guys boots left globs of grease on the steps of the ladder to the top of the tank. Got that crap on my pants climbing up to check the dome. It also took them 3.75 hours to load me.

That sucked because the load was only going 200 miles down the road to Cognis in Mauldin SC. It also cost me a load today since I couldn't get back in time to load this morning. I dropped my empty on the yard this morning and ran about 4 hours of local work. Got off at noon Friday. This will end up being a good week that could have been great with the load I lost today plus holiday pay for Monday.

Panther game Sunday!

8. TheRumRunner

TheRumRunner Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Louisville, KY
    I called and unfortunately for me they require one year experience, oh well I guess Big Blue here I come haha :biggrin_25514:

9. gar-rose

gar-rose Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I hate public restrooms!
    Won't be much of game. Eagles will kill them. My sources tell me DeSean got lasix surgery and will no longer spike the ball until after he crosses the goal line.

10. wsyrob

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem

I don't know man. Your O line is pretty banged up. Fortunately for you the D line is a weakness for the Panthers. A lot depends on how your defense plays the run. I will be there yelling my fool head off. The cooler is already packed for the tailgate.

Go Panthers!!!

11. gar-rose

gar-rose Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2008
    I hate public restrooms!
    But our QB has an arm. Delhomme never had an arm. Now he's dinking and dunking on a Tommy John.

Back to Superior. I haven't been home since early August. I think the recession is over.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.