Fuel and oil haulers.. what boots?

Discussion in 'Hazmat Trucking Forum' started by coueshunter, Jan 13, 2019.

1. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    what is a good composite toe boot that the fuel and oil guys are wearing? If you’re wearing a composite shoe let me know that too. What seems to work the best?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MrJoop

MrJoop Bobtail Member

Oct 2, 2012
    I wear Red Wings with the king toe. They're comfortable and they're best antislip soles I've found.

semi-broke Thanks this.
  4. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    Regardless of brand, you need something with an anti-slip sole. My company lets us choose between Red Wing and Ariat; the Red Wings last longer.

5. Dh46

Dh46 Light Load Member

Aug 30, 2014
    They all suck don’t buy any with a liner inside they will rip out I use red wing setters cowboy style with I have had those at least make it close to a year def when u have mucks for the water and wear ur regular boots when it’s dry u should last close to a year if u do that I haul a lot of Devon leases that have water in containers hauling crude oil

6. The PHD in truckin!

The PHD in truckin! Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Texas
    Square toe Ariat . Get em about 1 size bigger than normal so ya can double up on sox in the blasting cold. Gotta wear all FRC's too . I bought a couple wrangler FR jeans and dickies, and then 2 pair of Ariat jeans (FR of course)at 200$ per.

9017 Thanks this.
  7. Patrick615

Patrick615 Light Load Member

Jun 10, 2018
    Carolinas is what I have now but this weekend I’m going to get more comfortable boots with a little insulation. Gonna look at Danner or Rockys

8. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    Justin workboots.

shaker413 Thanks this.
  9. Hero Biscuit vendor

Hero Biscuit vendor Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2019
    Was wearing original swat waterproof sidezip safety boots when I was hauling fuel. We still top loaded and they usually got a little gas/diesel/100ll/jet-a dribbled on them when I pulled loading arm out. They held up good other then I wore out the sole on one pivoting on the step getting in and out of truck 20 times a day.

Mackthetruck Thanks this.
  10. akfisher

akfisher Road Train Member

Apr 23, 2015
    I wear xtra tuffs with steel toe. Rubber tennis shoe soles good for walking on top of tank or pretty much any terrain

11. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Carolina Men's 28 Series 8" Waterproof 800G Insulated Composite Toe Grizzly Boot

I work in the oilfield and have a pair of these carolina 28 is the model. I can wear them 16 hours a day and my feet don't get sore or cold. With 800g of insulation you never need more than one pair of socks.

Not a warm weather boot. I have a pair of red wing pull on boots for summer. The Carolinas are more comfy

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.