Fuel Bonus - Want Opinions

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Midwest Trucker, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    God all this banter and so many cheap people.

I provide a service to my customers, my drivers are my key to my customer's happiness so I do more than the other owner to recruit and retain my most important asset, the driver.

If retention lowers my margin, then I have to look at what I'm doing wrong somewhere else but i don't burden the driver with my decision making process or what changes I make to maintain or raise my margin.

Accidental Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    money doesn't motivate people in the ways we assume that it will, according to my research

Accidental Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Accidental Trucker

Accidental Trucker Road Train Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Most research, actually, but in trucking the emphasis on money seems to be higher than other industries.

5. Mike250rs

Mike250rs Heavy Load Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    * insert some comment about finding a better strip club here *

Money does motivate people, but not always for the reason we want.

6. FoolsErrand

FoolsErrand Road Train Member

Sep 15, 2017
    Well today the 8ft wide CNC laser i was to move suddenly grew to 9'6 wide when my tape went across it so i made about 70 calls on 25 searches from the driver seat as the day wasted away.. and there wasnt better freight. In fact the things i originally scoffed at became the ones i wished id booked as it just kept getting worse. I was lucky to get a load on at all and its going completely the wrong way.

I wasnt being dumb or lazy or anything else. Thats just the rates. 3 months ago i coukd get $3000 to pull what now moves fast at $1600. So no, there isnt always better. Sometimes, theres actually worse. Weve all got to adapt to it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.