Fuel Economy Scams

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dice1, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    kicked back in my lazyboy...
    The problem with JW's truck is that he changed so much at one time you can't tell if Micro Blue did anything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    No you don't. You know several truckers that changed out old bearings for new bearings that happen to have been treated. Micro Blue has never done a test of what improvement can be had with just changing out bearings.

If you follow what they say, all those friction causing microscopic imperfections they remove should have less impact than the ones you see from an old set of bearings with visible gauges.

I have said it many times that I am not one for trusting lab tests. Very easy for a company to work the results. If I can't test it or if it hasn't been used for a significant period of time with real world results then the people making the claims should do some testing.

The results they posts only prove that new bearings may have a positive result.

SheepDog, aiwiron and larry2903 Thank this.
  4. BigBadBill

BigBadBill Bullishly Optimistic

Oct 2, 2010
    Chattanooga, TN
    Les, Dice likes to modify quotes to make is point. Also changes his story a lot.

I believe that on the eco thread he said he would not say it doesn't work until he finishes his test. Now he starts another thread saying his own test prove it doesn't work.

larry2903 Thanks this.
  5. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Yeah I know, thats why I posted the whole quote.

I admire what Dice is doing and trying to accomplish, but I have often wondered about some of his results. I don't doubt his fuel mileage, but I do doubt some of the things he uses to enhance it. A great example is the 2 cycle oil. Personally I don't see the point in wasting the money on it as he really doesn't even need to use it.

6. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    I wished I would have known about it also when I did my inframe a few years ago.

7. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    You are probably right about my use of 2 cycle oil that I am using way too much, but the lubricity of the fuel in my 98 Cat motor is important to me. That is the main reason I use it and not for fuel mileage gains.

8. Les2

Les2 Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2008
    I wasn't referring to it as a fuel mileage gain so if it came out that way it wasn't meant to.

But my early 1900's mechanical engine runs fine on regular diesel, I'm sure yours would to. But the 2 cycle oil isn't gonna hurt, I don't think..? Have you ever tried running without it to see if it made a difference?

9. gerardo1961

gerardo1961 Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    miami
    For me the eco was good working,and i think for you to bill

10. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    How would I be able to tell a difference on wear and tear to my fuel system with or without it because the lack of lubricity would have to be measured over over a very long period of time?

11. Dice1

Dice1 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Bessemer City, NC
    Then explain the fuel mileage gains from Microblued rear ends and transmissions?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.