Fuel Haulers: Frozen Drops

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by akramer1964, Jan 5, 2018.

1. akramer1964

akramer1964 Bobtail Member

Jan 27, 2016
    Since we are in the death grip of winter, I was interested to see how some of you all deal with frozen delivery drops.
    I keep an 18 pound pinch bar in my tray and pour Diesel 911 into the drop to soften up the ice. Any other methods?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TexNext

TexNext Bobtail Member

Jan 5, 2018
    What do you mean by frozen delivery drop?

4. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Medium Load Member

Nov 25, 2012
    Minnesota
    I refuse the delivery and divert to another store. My job is to drop fuel, not chip ice. I only haul fuel for our stations, so I have plenty of other stores to divert to.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Work spring and summer and fall. Accumulate enough money to sit home the winter. Let someone else chip that icecube.

I'll keep an eye on the gas deliveries then at my local fillerup. If I see chipping going on I know not to fill that day.

6. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I haul the other side of fuel. The human kind. Milk. The last 4 days the pumps been frozen every morning. Can i get someone else to unfreeze the pump as my only job is to pump milk, not unfreeze pumps and valves. K, thanks.

Oldironfan, jungledrums and Woodys Thank this.
  7. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    Same with us. Even if the drops are buried in snow, we divert. It's the stations responsibility to keep them clear.
    Now, I don't go crazy with it, if I can kick snow off, and get the lid and cap off, I'll drop.

8. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

That makes more sense saying it that way. Instead of just saying #### that. Frozen caps? Im out.

At least it is someone's responsibilityto keep the caps clear.

9. Drake.r

Drake.r Light Load Member

May 15, 2015
    Yep.... stores responsibility to keep those fill pots clear and clean I’m not in the snow removal business

10. PandaPancake

PandaPancake Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2017
    And they claim crude haulers are divas

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  11. Drake.r

Drake.r Light Load Member

May 15, 2015
    25 years ago the store owners were average small business owners that really show their appreciation for the drivers today mostly gas stations or corporate owned or ran by somebody that speaks very little English and they don’t want you there so I extend no extra effort

homeskillet and Oldironfan Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.