Fuel Haulers in North Carolina

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by TDriver4Life, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Carolinadoublej

Carolinadoublej Bobtail Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Wilmington, NC
    Hey DriverBill... Trying to send you a message but I have to have 7 posts.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    I used to work for Petroleum Transport Company there in Pilot Mountain. It's really crap pay, man. It's by the load, and very miniscule per load. I averaged 4 stops a day (Which is quite a bit), and never made more than about 160 a day on a really good day. Reliable, Kenan, and other big names like that have almost the exact same setup and pay scale. You work weekends, holidays, everything. It's definitely an exhausting field, but I strongly recommend trying to get on one of the smaller companies. Mountain Energy in Asheville is a fantastic company, as are the private carriers like Pilot, Love's, Spinx, etc. Hope this helps.

Before anyone jumps up and tells me I am wrong because they make better, there are always exceptions. I'm just telling you what the usual chatter around the racks was. We were all pretty disappointed with what we made to haul #### gas.

pathfinder1361 and TDriver4Life Thank this.
  4. pathfinder1361

pathfinder1361 Light Load Member

Aug 19, 2011
    miami, fl
    what you described is almost exactly what i experienced hauling fuel down here in ft. lauderdale.

5. flatbeddispatcher

flatbeddispatcher Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    raleigh, nc
    My ex girlfriends dad works/worked for Kenan, he was there for 10 years or so by the time I met him. He rarely worked holidays was home most of the time by 6 or 7 in the summer. Usually by 4 or so in the winter-lived in Raleigh and pulled out of selma. Pulled a lot of splits around chapel hill I remember but made pretty good money and was always in a newer truck. But I always remember thinking Durham had to be a lovely place to drop before day light and chapel hill had to be hell during peak hours.

6. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC

The key here is that he had been there 10 years. New guys going to Kenan WILL work holidays and weekends. Will also get the crap loads and bottom end pay. That's all I was saying. I didn't mean to imply it's ALL bad, it's just kinda crappy when you're getting your foot in the door.

7. flatbeddispatcher

flatbeddispatcher Bobtail Member

Feb 7, 2012
    raleigh, nc
    I know you weren't knocking them. Sadly it seams to be the same way no matter who you work for these days. I understand seniority goes a long way but being a tanker yanker should be rewarded no matter the seniority in some of these when delivery to the hole in the wall gas stations in rush hour traffic. It is horrible not even considering the horrible drivers on the road from 2 wheels and up.

8. califmonster

califmonster Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Van Nuys, CA
    Hey Yankers
    I was thinking of hauling fuel with a company here in Ca. Could ya hook me up with some insight into this industry.

9. Jynxx

Jynxx Medium Load Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Cheyenne, Wyoming
    What would you like to know?

10. mklegge

mklegge Bobtail Member

May 28, 2012
    wilmington nc
    Hello sir, I seen where you told another person to pm you with questions about a wilco hess job. if you wouldn't mind i have a few if you could help. im currently in the military and have been transporting fuel since June of 09. would wilco except that experience. I have a cdl with hazmat. and also who could i contact about maybe obtaining a job with wilco in the Wilmington area

11. mattfield80

mattfield80 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Kernersville NC
    im scheduled to start with kenan monday with the dot physical and drug test etc...then safety class the next morning, then training with another driver for a couple weeks...can anyone tell me if kenan uses a work well physical as well...you know the thing where you have to lift the weights, push, pull, etc? please give me some details...thanks alot

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.