Future Truckers of America, Asheboro NC

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by jgarner, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jgarner

jgarner Light Load Member

May 22, 2012
    Rockingham NC
    I just finished up with there school. Came out with a 92 average. I was pretty excited. Just wanted to give an overview of this school so it may can help newbies out. The school in my book is top notch. Great instructors with tons of patience. I can promise you that if you go here you will get what you need to get your cdl in hand. If you don't, its because you did not listen or pay attention. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer the best I know how.

Skydivedavec Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. keepntruckin

keepntruckin Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    Yea, it is a great school, my sister just graduated from there last week.

4. jgarner

May 22, 2012
    Rockingham NC
    Cool deal man. I just graduated this week. So I prolly met her or talked to her at sometime. Did she sign on with a company?

5. keepntruckin

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    not yet, she looked EPES but said they paid too little starting out, now she's looking at Averitt, her name was Donna btw.

6. jgarner

May 22, 2012
    Rockingham NC
    Oh ok...yea I remember. Very nice woman. I have heard EPES is a real good place to work for. Also heard the same about Averritt.

7. keepntruckin

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    Well EPES is "Great" to work for, they get you home weekly,, have good dispatchers, great mechanics. As long as you stay out of safety's way, you'll do good there. Many have been there for like 15-20 years. I used to work for them until I became an O/O. I work the dedicated for Family Dollar and was home every other night and my week-ends,, and made over a $1000.0 a week, but it's 100% touch on the dedicated.

8. jgarner

May 22, 2012
    Rockingham NC
    That is pretty good. Don't know if I would like the 100% touch freight though.

9. keepntruckin

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    The 100% touch freight is only on the Family Dollar account, otherwise you just runs loads east of the Mississippi, no forced NYC. And are home every week,, mostly by Friday.

10. keepntruckin

Dec 27, 2011
    Lexington,NC
    The only thing is,, my sister said they only start out @ .26cpm , and that may only be during your training though. They did have a good training program though,, unlike other companies ..

In there training , the trainer NEVER gets in the sleeper while your driving and you get paid your miles (and his if trainer does have to drive). The trainers were paid a salary while training someone, should still be the same now.

And they have a "Safety Meeting" every year,, BUT, it's more like a big dinner with prizes like dbl door frigs , big screen tv's and the likes for the DRIVERS.

AND if you EVER have a problem that can't be handled through normal channels,, well, then the President of EPES is on facebook, AND will answer his phone .

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  11. jgarner

May 22, 2012
    Rockingham NC
    To me that says a lot about a company, when the President is available to talk. I may look into going there, after I complete my year with PAM Transport.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.