(Future) Truckin Lady in the Peach State

Discussion in 'The Welcome Wagon' started by SuchatruckinLady, Feb 24, 2009.

1. SuchatruckinLady

SuchatruckinLady Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2009
    GA
    Hey everybody. I'm a happily married 31 year old wife who's in a state trucking school and still working full-time. I've been wanting to drive trucks since I was 18, but I went the "expected" route for a brainiac like me and went off to college. (GO DAWGS!) I'm finally sucking it up and going back to school while juggling a full-time job as I pursue my dream of going OTR in an 18-wheeler.

Right now, I'm struggling with the fact that work is so hard to find right now. Everyone says freight will pick up around April, so there will be work. However, I'm still nervous in this economy that realistically doesn't favor the newbie trucker (or any trucker looking for a fair wage).

I'm looking forward to learning a lot while reading the boards and hope to make some friends and mentors along the way. Stay classy, drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cybergal

Cybergal Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Hi, SuchatruckinLady, Welcome to our Truckers Forum! We hope you enjoy your stay and please read our RULES. Please remember, you are NEVER allowed to post e-mails, ad links, trucking company links, personal site links, and such ANYWHERE in this forum. Thanks for understanding! We hope to help you and get to know you soon! Thanks, SuchatruckinLady!

SuchatruckinLady, do you have a question about how to do something? Try our FAQ section or you can PM me or a Moderator (50 posts not required to PM a Mod) to ask a question! Also, you can read through our Truckers Forum Information Center!

Also remember to get your 2009 Truckers Report Calendar AND show your love for truckers with your new Truckers Report Legal Stamps! This helps us to keep this place alive, thanks!

4. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Welcome to the forum! Glad you wandered in!

5. Lil Blue Pony

Lil Blue Pony Brown Eyed Girl

Feb 22, 2008
    hey welcome to the forum

6. truckerjeff

truckerjeff Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    O'Fallon, Illinois
    Welcome and best of luck to ya .....

7. Knife Edge

Knife Edge Heavy Load Member

Hello and welcome to the forum........ happy trails..............

8. truckerjeff

truckerjeff Light Load Member

Feb 19, 2009
    O'Fallon, Illinois
    welcome sucatruckinlady..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.