FYI for hauling to CarMax for United learned the hard way

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Ryan S2016, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ryan S2016

Ryan S2016 Medium Load Member

Feb 11, 2016
    Western North Carolina
    Hey Guys,
    Well I learned the hard way today that CarMax and United Road are getting worse. For the past year I have been hauling for United and going from one CarMax to another, so when I took a load last night going to Knoxville TN from Charlotte because I had a good paying one from Knox to Statesville Manheim I said why not it will cover my fuel.
    Well when I got to the Charlotte CarMax there were to my surprise only two trucks in the pit and one was almost finished, my lucky day right? WRONG! When I went inside to let them know I was here and to get my BOL printed the R4 (inventory staff) asked me if I had an appointment. An appointment uh no why would I have an appointment? Well here's why. As of 2/9/17 yes that is yesterdays date Charlotte has implimented a new policy that all carriers have to make an appointment to pick-up or deliver 24 hours in advance. The reason for this is due to only having 2 spots in the pit for trucks. It is against city ordinance to unload or load in the street. They want to reduce the amount of trucks parked along Kreffeld Ave waiting for a spot.
    So I said no I don't have an appointment I am only picking up one unit. He said well I have two carriers for 11 am and 2 for 12 and 2 for 1pm do you want the 2 pm slot. Its 1200 now and I have to be in Knox by 5 to pick up the other units. No way I would make it. So I called United and cancelled the load and the guy at CarMax actually had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to chance it and load in the street. I asked if he was gonna pay my ticket? Guess what his answer was.
    So anyway I left empty wasted a half tank of fuel and 4 hours of my clock for this. And a delay for delivering the other units.
    So I call the supervisor at United and am told yeah this is a new policy whenever a driver books a load for Charlotte they have to call dispatch and let them know when the arrival time is so they can make an appointment. So I asked since you all failed to tell us this because there were other carriers there that had no idea about this either do I get a dry-run because I followed all the other rules. They said no because you didn't call for an appointment. At this point I gave up no sense arguing with a complete moron. I said thanks bye.

So guys please note this if you don't have an appointment and show up there you have to wait until the end of the day when the last appointment is done to load or unload your cars. Thanks United Road for another waste of my time

brian991219 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.