gainey transportation going to paperless logs 2010 (GTS)

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by badman976, Jan 12, 2010.

1. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    quick correction gainey is no longer gainey transportation there offical name is now just GTS transportation after coming out of bankruptcy. now on to the topic of this thread.

i'm sitting in my 2nd day of oreintation at gts and the instructor has informed us that gts will be switching over to a paperless log system something like what werner is running on and they should have the new system in place by summer of 2010 or atleast before the year is out...:biggrin_2554:
    i was stunned at this news. the new paperless log system will be implemented as there order of new trucks start to come in.(haven't said what kinda trucks yet but seems they have a love for kenworths here) so as we hear more and more about the goverment wanting to put recorders in trucks seem some companies are just gonna do it before it becomes law.

Baack Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    YAY!

/does happy dance.

4. jtrnr1951

jtrnr1951 Road Train Member

Yuppers, new owners going to invest some coin. Then most likely sell, for a decent profit. Does seem to be making some much needed improvements. Plus in a large takeover like this, only 5 people lost their jobs. That says alot about the new owners !!

5. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    My dispatcher states he has heard nothing of the sort in the GR main office where he works.

6. jtrnr1951

Welp, about 5 minutes of research-would make you smarter than your dispatcher.
    It's your company, YOU should want to know- how, what, why, they're doing !!
    It has an impact on YOUR life.

If Mr Gainey sold out to C.R. England you'd sure want to know !!

7. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Firstly, my dispatcher is a wonderful person and I do not appreciate you insinuating he is stupid. Just because you feel all dispatchers you may have worked with are lacking in the intellect department does not give you the right to insult people you do not know. And yes, I take it personally when someone blindly refers to a good friend as not smart simply because he gave me the information he currently has which considering he is seated 3 rows down from LOGS and SAFETY I will take with much more authority then anything someone may have second hand digested from orientation. I am certainly not going to take the word of a forum persona over that of a good friend. Just because its on the net does not make it true.

That said, I did a search on every reliable trucker news source and found no reference to gainey or gts transport going paperless. I have also sent a QC message re: logs dept. and was told they have no time table plans to go electronic but it is in CONSIDERATION .

And you sir, what did YOU do to research?

8. jtrnr1951

Yes iroc, you are correct.

9. badman976

Jan 5, 2010
    ok, i been hard at work for gts since i finish orientation. currently sittingin lake park, ga after deliv a load. anyway the source of my info about gts going paperless logs is john the safety guy who dose orientation in grand rapids, mi term/hq he told the class about the paperless logs system. we didn't ask for it. he just blurted it out and also he said the company is gonna get the paperless logs system with the new trucks. next time your in g rapids term go to orientation room and ask john, he put it out there. he's a 5-8 bald white guy with glasses he says his info comes from the company vice president. take it with a grain a salt, gotta go cya.

jtrnr1951 Thanks this.
  10. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I've met john, hes very chatty. He was the one that got to stay late and over the weekend to do the massive employee 'rehire' thing that had to go on when they reformed under a new company name. He's not exactly high on the food chain.

I've asked logs themselves, but personally I'd prefer they did go paperless, if we have to run legal anyway its a hell of a lot less hassle lol.

11. badman976

Jan 5, 2010
    on my home-time after being gone since1/10/10 orientation from 1/11 to 1/14 on the road from 1/15 to 1/28. so i wish i could say gts ran me to death but they didn't... i did OK miles, they were pretty good about pre planning me as i got started on 1 load to send me a pplan for the next but i did sit like 3 days in lake park, ga after deliv a home depot load. but it was a weekend delivery so i wasn't to surprised. i don't think weekend dispatch dose any dispatches they just watch the boards and trouble shoot.

the truck i got was a 06 t2000 the trucks are governed at about 68 to 70mph and with cruise control on they run at 66 0r 67mph. my opinion on gts is i don't have a opinion. my dm is ok i guess i prefer not to talk or communicate with dm's because i believe there all snakes and liars and most don't have any otr experience but yet they wanna preach to you on how to handle things...i find all that very annoying, but i guess my dm is cool because he said he prefer not to talk to drivers just use the qualcomm and we can both be happy. so cool with me.

i hate that the trucks have prepass in them but because of the switch from gainey to gts they don't work, also gts has alot of freight moving from the northeast but they company want use ezpass. i had to spend over 300 dollars to get 1 load from pa and back out and carry all that cash. i'm not the boss but i think it would be much easir just to buy into the ezpass system but i guess some people never learn until they do things the hard way first.

i'm done rambling on...later.

p.s. did i mention that john from the grand rapids also mention the new trucks are suppose to be all automatics. (his words not mind, if you ever get by the grand rapids, mich terminal ask him he put it out there we/i didn't ask he just told us.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.