Gainey Transportation Services

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by pattyj, Jul 19, 2008.

1. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    If any of you are thinking about going to Gainey I strongly advice you not to,unless u wanna drive and not get paid for all the trips you do.Heres what happened to me.First off they charged me with a road service call.They took $440.00 out of my check to pay for their repair bill.Gainey does not pay for all tolls even if your logs match,they do not pay for all the loads u weigh.Ater I quit Gainey is when I relized they have'nt been paying me for all the trips i do.They didnt pay me for at least 1 trip a week maybe more.In the course of the 7 months i drove for them, thats alot of trips I didnt get paid for.See u can look at the pay on the qualcomm but thats all it has is the pay.It doesnt say the reimbursements or trips.Gainey knows theyre stealing from the drivers so they have it set up that way so the drivers cant see how much money Gainey has stolen from them till they get home and look at the check stubs.If the DOT gives Gainey a ticket.u the driver has to pay for it.A driver had to go to Manhatton ,an officer gave gainey a $1200.00 ticket but the driver had to pay for it.they gave me a 75.00 ticket to give to gainey and i had to pay for it. if u have a breakdown other then the terminal chances r you get stuck with the bill even if it isnt your fault bcause as gainey sees it,the driver is always at fault no matter what.Gainey has got bad equipment and dont want to get anything fixed unless its done at a terminal.because Gainey charged me to fix their trk im now sueing them and when ever i go past a weigh station in a semi or car,i am stopping and asking them to pull every Gainey in for a full DOT inspection and asking them to contact every DOT nationwide.Also Gainey did not give me a final check.they said he wanted to wait to make sure i return the trk and ill get the check next week so here it is a week later and no check.so im sueing gainey for the 440.00 for no check and for all the trips they didnt pay me.Im hoping all you that is reading this will spread the word and please reconsider going to Gainey.No driver should have to go thru what I went thru.Gainey is making money otherwise he wouldnt be in the trucking business,so then why steal from the company drivers to support his trucks,his selfish self and those idiots in the corporate offices.did i mention if u idle your truck and its above 30% Gainey will charge you for that extra fuel used.but knowing them theyll charge u with a full tank.they dont care if youre in the blazing heat over 100 degree temps dont idle no matter what theyll fire u after a couple warnings what theyll tell u is buy a fan.I have drove for many companies,but Gainey by far is THE WORSE COM[PANY I HAVE EVER DROVE FOR and i wouldnt wish this company on my worst enemy not to mention the disrespect u get.Please help me spread the word on how bad this company is.make copies of this and give them to every trk driver u see. thank u and happy travels to u all

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck be Safe and Welcome to the Forum

4. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    Just curious. You say you drove for many companies yet you only list three years experience. Just how many companies have you driven for in three years?

5. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    I was asked how many companies have I drove for in the 3 yrs of driving , I drove for 7 companies 4 while i was in training and once i got qualified I drove for 3 companies.werner 2 yrs cfi 4 months and then went back to werner because I missed my dispatcher. If gainey wouldnt have wrongfully taken money out of my check id still be there.but i wont drive for a company and not get paid for all the trps i do,not get paid for all my tolls and i wont pay for their trk repairs.i was getting the miles and i should have taken home over 800.00 a week but because they didnt pay me for all the miles i drove most my checks were under 400.00 and i never made a check over 600.00. Folks if this happened to me itll happen to u.u may start gainey and say this isnt a bad company but when u start seeing your checks and the miles u drive dont add up to your checks youll be a little bit angry. if you dont believe what im saying just ask another Gainey driver.

6. pawpaw

pawpaw Medium Load Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Milan, NM
    It looks like you were smart enough to keep records and hopefully you can get the money owed you. I always called my wife after my settlement sheet arrived and went through things at that point. Once in awhile a trip was missed. Sometimes they missed a reimbursement or two. I would get that info to my DM and was paid the next week. Of course, I wasn't driving for Gainey, I was driving for Swift. Hope it works out.

7. brianc20

brianc20 Light Load Member

Jul 27, 2008
    burlington vt
    They have been calling me every day almost waiting for me to start with them no or yes??

8. rwings

rwings <strong>"Jet Force"</strong>

Sep 7, 2006
    Portales, NM
    This is a ironic situation. When I was with Werner I got a ticket made out to Werner Enterprise. They fought me for month wanting me to pay for the ticket. I told them my name is not on the ticket and it would be an easy day in court for me, if it came to that. I finally had to ask were they wanted their truck parked before I quit. They sent me a check the next day.
    :biggrin_25510:

9. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    How could you miss them paying for runs every month for 7 months? I don't buy this whole story.

Racer X 69 Thanks this.
  10. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    There is ALWAYS more to the story.
    Pat: Dont you keep track of your trips on pen and paper? MT miles and LDD miles for each trip? When you bring up your pay data over the QC, didnt you notice there was a trip missing? Why did it take you 7 months to notice this? Do you keep track of your expenses for each trip? Tolls, weight, ect. Do you call payroll and ask how much taxes was taken out of your weekly check?

Racer X 69 Thanks this.
  11. sw18576

sw18576 Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2009
    wyoming, mi
    1) There can be several reasons a driver can be charged for a road call. Not giving accurate location, lying on reasons damage was incurred, or being the reason a road call is necessary are just a few. And don't forget about not following fuel routes and running out of fuel as a result.
    2) Not taking unauthorized routes and adhering to your fuel routes can result in having to pay for tolls.
    3) Not getting paid for miles can be a result of not following your designated routes, making unauthorized stops at friends and relatives houses that are out of route, and a plethora of similar reasons.
    4) as far as tickets, I know of several instances where drivers were instructed to get repairs before or enroute of delivery, not wanting to stop and wait for any number of reasons, and getting tickets, and / or shutdown because of their actions. All of which can become charge backs to the driver.
    5) And if you diddnt get you final check, it was because of something you did, owe, or was responsible for and didnt pay. It is illegal to withold earnings without a substantial reason.

I notice you didnt go into detail on ANY of your complaints, and I doubt they are legit. I personally know of a LOT of drivers who cause their own problems, have to be responsible for them, and then cry unfair. On the other hand I know many great drivers, who make a great living through Gainey, and have nothing but good things to say about the company.

luvtheroad and Racer X 69 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.