Galaxy 959 DX Flamethrower....Worth $320.00 or no?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Megavolt, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Long Haul Mike 19

Long Haul Mike 19 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Bellevue Washington
    I own a Galaxy FlameThrower and I love it!
    My radio kicks ### right out of the box.
    I get great reports on the way it sounds from all over the world, that's right..... ALL OVER THE WORLD!
    By your statements you obviously have never used a flamethrower or seen one, but possibly talked with hundreds of them.
    Who gives a darn how much time and money it costs YOU to make a cheap replica of the FlameThrower. After the parts are installed, which just about anybody can do, I want the work finish work being done by someone who has the right equipment and skills to do the proper alignment, which I'm sure the average CB operator does not have, including YOU. It's like rebuilding a carburetor by just throwing in parts and not having the tools or skills to make it perform properly and braggin how cheap it was do do. That's pretty stupid logic if you ask me.
    Anyone reading this just beware of the bullshi# many of these self appointed experts say on these forums and listening to them can easily get you ruin your new radio by being a cheap sh#%. My advise is leave the work to an expert with years of experience and forget about experimenting and possibly ruining your new expensive radio.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long Haul Mike 19

Long Haul Mike 19 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2018
    Bellevue Washington
    I own and use a Galaxy FlameThrower daily, going on 3 years now and I love it! The backlit display and blue lights are awsome.
    I get outstanding radio reports with it from all over the world, that's right.. ALL OVER THE WORLD, from my PB using dual Wilson 500's. It's worth every penny I paid from ebay. I strongly advise anyone reading this, even to the cheap shi##s, to spend the extra greenbacks for a Flamethrower and get a hassle free guaranteed ### kickin radio right out of the box.

4. Truckers Report Jobs

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
  6. lighthouse 222

lighthouse 222 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2019
    I have owned a Galaxy DX959B FlameThrower for a couple of years and never had a problem with it. Use it every day, looks great, works great, shoot skip with great signal reports with no expensive foot warmer, no special mic, no fancy antenna.
    FlameThrower does exactly what it supposed to do, works good & talks loud.

7. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Compared to what?

8. Scoot 1971

Scoot 1971 Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2018
    I've got a 959 Flamethrower, bought it online from the guy in Cali that builds them about six years ago. It was great right out of the box and still works great.
    Don't remember exactly what I paid but $320 sounds about right.
    I was new to trucking and CB's when I bought it and did very little research before making purchase but feel like I got a great radio that has proved very reliable as I've never had an issue with it.

Just the opinion of a driver who is not a cb fanatic but does think it's important to have one in your truck.

9. TURN PIKE MIKE

TURN PIKE MIKE Bobtail Member

May 11, 2020
    Let me get this straight, after reading this entire blog about a FlameThrower CB the negative comments are all made by people who do not own one, but base their comments entirely on what somebody told them? Come on! I also see that many posted good comments about it are actual owners and users of the radio?...Not hard to figure out who's whistling through their ### making up BS about something they never saw that alone used. LOL

10. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I will never buy another Galaxy radio again. They drift, cheap knobs that get dirty easily (it should be a standard across many radios, same thing right? why does the Galaxy get gummed up so bad).

Love my 99, but never another. been there done that, always got burned in some quality issue.

11. stacks

stacks Road Train Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Emerald Isle
    The 95 T was a very well built radio hard to get one nowadays that Hasn’t been Molested

12. lighthouse 222

lighthouse 222 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2019

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  13. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Flame thrower cb radio, just another pile of junk.

• Truckers Report Jobs