Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Speaking of toxic, it’s unbelievable how some of the Elden Ring fan boys act. God forbid somebody who has a life outside of video games be more than slightly shocked by how tough that series is. :rolleyes:

D.Tibbitt and TravR1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TravR1

TravR1 Road Train Member

Nov 9, 2017
    TX
    I haven't played Elden Ring, but I know general spaz type of zealous gamer attitude you are refering too.

You take the good with the bad. The other extreme is you play with only NPCs that will stand outside and spam the same 3 lines over and over, and over, and over... And then when you finally decide to just kill them for saying, "for the king" 9 million times... it's not in the programming.

So you take the toxic under-achievers as the lesser evil.

D.Tibbitt and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    One of the reasons I like the Switch. No chat. Just play and if others don't like what's happening, tough.

D.Tibbitt, MACK E-6 and alds Thank this.
  5. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Wow, that looks way cool! Is that PC, ps5, or ? I’ll have to look it up. Getting bored with FS22.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I play it on the Switch. Looks like its available on PC, PS4/PS5 and XBOX One.

Midwest Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  7. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Thats awesome, that trailer is killer. I’m going to have to get this!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its a little difficult when first starting. Most of the trucks don't have much for upgrades. Its worth bouncing around to a few different maps to start to find better trucks that have AWD or lockers as standard equipment. Then you can store them in the garage and take them between maps.

D.Tibbitt and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  9. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    10-4 I’ll have to do a little leg work sounds like. I get to play about 15 mins before my boy pries the controller from my hands and takes over as the “expert”. lol Graphics look super good.

SidewaysBentHalo and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  10. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    i would reccomend gettting a wheel and pedals if ur gonna play snowrunner on pc. its almost impossible with a keyboard although it can be done. the physics are a little squirly with the keyboard... the wheel and pedals and the graphics, i can get immersed in it for hours and hours. although its incredibly frustrating when you get stuck in the mud

11. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    On the whole its a pretty good game. There's a few things that bug me, like not being able to strap cargo to a rolloff tow truck deck or strap smaller vehicles down to a flatdeck. They missed a lot of potential with the Western Star bed truck. Would have been sweet being able to winch on camp shacks, put up the gin poles and load cargo or even flip up the 5th wheel and pull floats.

Midwest Trucker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.