Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I hate kids who glitch it so death

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    it happens, not so sure it's all kids

x1Heavy and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  4. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    Come to think of it, there' glitches due to lag and supposedly there's hacks, how does a hack cause a glitch?

Red Dead Redemption had alot of glitches on 360.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    @dca when are you getting gears of war I'll have it on the 7th little early. Gonna go crazy if I keep watching trailers.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I've completed the game 2 or 3 times plus the Undead Nightmare expansion a few times on the 360 and really only noticed it glitch once while trying to load one certain Mexico mission. Downloaded the game to the internal hard drive and haven't experienced any glitches since.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    will pre=order sometime today but cant when I'll be able to get home to play it. don't have a date for home time just yet

x1Heavy and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I had a little of everything, wagons flying, when in the saddle horses ran in the air or didn't run at all and moved, bodies sticking out of walls, the list goes on.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I examined the Titan Z's option.

There aint no way, it's frigging 2 grand in some retailers for each of the #### things. Ugh. 6 grand just for video... yeesh. I need a drink before doing something like that. Don't think I wont.

I have to examine other cards that are offering I think these are called 1080's now by Nvidia that are like 8 gig to 12 gig of Video memory each on PCIe 3 version slots which means I need a new board to take three of them at 750 each. I think these are the 980's or actually the 1080's It's really hard to keep track now. Holidays are coming, and that is historically the time to purchase big ticket items like a set of three or four Video cards.

I see that I can toss 10 of the vertex threes into a stack of Raid Zero or Raid 5. Tempted to go straight raid zero that way I will stay first loaded and moving into any multiplayer map.

There is one attraction to the new 1080's I see that they take 4K resolution or three HD monitors side by side which I plan. (*I use a 24 inch BenQ 120 hertz monitor I will have to see about getting two more at a decent price or... haunt the pawn shop and get two identical monitors at least that capability for 150 dollars each, they have a handful of 45's and 60's on the floor that are frigging huge monitors for 4K plasma for example and one is a giant samsung Yellow integrated RBG type video when expressed in color palette.) In addition to the video card, they offer a built in radiator driven by a fan on top which means I can route the liquid cooling hoses somewhere out of the case body and find a way to secure the radiator and fan assembly. To liquid cool the cards as they are out of the box. Three of them will be in the area of 2400 dollars in total. I can try for 4 but unsure because 4 of them wont bridge SLI x4 in MSI cards but will bridge EVga or one other type of body built cards with the flat PCI interfaces which can and will accept a standard Nvidia ASUS 4x SLI Bridge. That will drive the cost to 3200. Again the holidays offer a chance for 30% off at a minimum.

They are probably PCI 3.0 cards which means a new motherboard which means a new CPU, radiator, etc. I already got a power supply that is capable of two CPU cables present so that isnt the issue. What will be a issue is if I have to add a second power supply to the new case that are designed to accept two power supplies in general and specifically possibly going from 15 amps at the wall to the new T outlets what is 20 amps available on those. I already know I cannot support a 20 amp T power supply with the current battery I don't know if there are APUs large enough to protect 20 amp power supples at 1500 to 2000 watts continuous.

The RAM will have to replace the obselete DDR3 Trident Gskill 2400's I have 64 gigabyte of these on hand, 8 modules. I was hoping to take it to 128 gigabyte of 2400 Gskill tridents RAM.. but in order to do that I need 16 gig modules at a RAS of 8 or so. Im not sure I can find these. That means I need to install DDR4 RAM which are pretty pricey.

I lie awake considering my problems already and I have not yet fully spec'ed the new replacement build. I was hoping to simply retrofit the old MSI 4gb 680 GTX cards (4 of them) in the current Asus Black edition motherboard. I have to replace the motherboard anyway and probably buy a #### CPU plus radiator plus plus plus plus which means KACHNG KACHNG kACHING on the suffering wallet.

I wonder and question my own sanity sometimes. The moment I boot a powerful build and it loads into windows ready to go is something that is getting pretty awful expensive. Maybe I should open a humble stall in EBay and begin to sell these builds. Knowing Im like 40 years missing the tech boom boat. Long ago. No one will be left alive to appreciate my builds such as they are.

danny23tx, dca and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  10. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Lol! I bought the platinum hits edition new about a year and a half ago. Maybe it was updated?

Now that I think about it, one time I was galloping through Ridgewood Farm when my horse randomly collapsed and died. Sometimes if I shoot deer in Dead Eye, they'll launch 20-30 feet into the air. That's honestly all I can think of.

Skyrim was another supposedly glitchy game and I haven't many issues with it either.

dca and TROOPER to TRUCKER Thank this.
  11. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Battlefield 1 I'll have the 18th it gonna take it on a good online run also.

Also I finally got all the crap coughed up so my two broken parts can start to heal now.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.