Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. CharlesS

CharlesS Light Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    I don't have a laptop at the moment, so it would be whatever walmart sells that would run the games.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. WesternEmpire

WesternEmpire Medium Load Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
  4. CharlesS

Aug 9, 2013
    Well less the better, but with all of the android laptops out now cheapest isnt always better

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I don't know about all the andriod laptops. Never seen one yet. Im pretty sure that will come along in time.

Walmart is a last of it's kind selling games on disk, everything is online now for the latest games, steam and origin comes to mind. The problem like I ran into is those with obselete hardware called legacy for Nvida to run older drivers but not the latest for today's games. The result is people having to buy newer cards.

For over ten years my builds have relied on three or four video cards of the best quality to run anything made for years into the future. This year's change by Nvidia forces me to spend a few thousand for new cards. Something Im not yet willing to do. In fact A old style console such as a Xbox or playstation (Or win 10 which supports this kind of gaming) will support the latest games for way less than what I would spend on a desktop build.

At some point in the future computers will become disposible. Possibly having a end of life clock built in before bricking to make people spend money sometime in a period of time to keep the economy going.

6. CharlesS

Aug 9, 2013
    Seems that the pc games are constantly uping the ante to make us buy new systems to play the newest games, and the game console makers keep releasing new models making the old systems obsolete since you cant get games for the older models

7. WesternEmpire

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    You can future proof to a certain extent, but it's not cheap. My current laptop cost me $2600 in Sept of 2010. Yes it's a lot of scratch. But it will still play current games. Maybe not at bleeding edge settings graphics wise, but not with everything turned down either.

I am very intrigued with the Alienware Alpha because it has a certain level of upgradability but is still portable, as long as you can run a TV in your truck that is.

8. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    I know, with all 4K and VR going, you pretty much need 2k on just the desktop. I have ordered my second build, and will be selling my old one, which I build 2 years ago. Right now I spent 3k on my new build with all accessories. This is only if you enjoy gaming as much as I do, but if you are a casual gamer, PS4 Pro and Scorpio will all you need to have. Specially Xbox scorpio, I hear it will be very close to High gaming pc

9. ZhenyaP1991

ZhenyaP1991 Medium Load Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Whenever I tried to charge my gaming laptop through cigarette lighter, the charger either would turn off or fuse will blow.

10. WesternEmpire

Oct 12, 2013
    Arcade, NY
    My old laptop would charge only if the truck was running. It would pop fuses also if the truck was off and playing something graphics heavy.

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I ran my laptop on a 300 and 400 watt I wouldn't do anything else. if it gets hot it'll shut down.. then you gotta wait til its cool.

the package tells the user one hour of use

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.