Gaming for truckers

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by TROOPER to TRUCKER, Aug 23, 2016.

1. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks. A lot of players believe it's about kills and deaths. I like that this debunks that. It's about objectives.

There is a decent History lesson on the games.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Online gaming got really difficult in the last 15 years or so that I have been involved in it. Stats in the past was not that important and most of the player base was older people who were very good. Some were vets and a freaking monster in the virtual battlefields. I love to hunt humans because it's something that I found to be worth doing when everyone is playing well.

Within a few years the community changed really badly when the young ones grew old enough to play and did not carry forward the good things the old ones did. It became about kills and deaths and less about teamwork, in fact the gaming itself was turned on it's head by the misfits to team kill teammates, destroy whatever cooperation that was trying to be done towards victory and interfere with support arms like Artillery by ramming into the vehicle with another to disrupt it and it's online player.

My squads or our squads rather, were groups of several dozen very good people from around the USA and the world who believed in teamwork and used voice comms to get things done. Example would be 5 people were alpha group to attack a enemy conquest objective base while bravo moved in to defend the captured base while alpha moved through on to the second objective. Charlie would interfere with any enemy road or air or sea marches to interfere with bravos defense and Delta were a squad that play well as trouble makers inside the enemy rear with one of each of the ABCD groups a Easy company on demand to serve as a rapid reaction specifically to destroy a special massed attack should it be put together by the enemy at a moment's notice. Thus you have 32 people mowing through a unorganized Mob of the other 32 and it's butchery.

Unless you ran into the squad who used voice and had commanders and sargeants to identify crisis points locally and battle wide to react and move where they need to achieve victory. Wars that resulted might last several days and nights online. I remember using my long haul endurance to fly helicopter loads of troops as air assault the whole time until the game map is won.

In time various systems were implemented to break down and protect the mob from getting destroyed by creating a game where it is a true 360 fight with at least two or more paths to approach anywhere on the map. No longer was possible to occupy the enemy main base and prevent them from spawning. So it evolved.

I think when you examine some of the game chat that happens from people who are not nice, nasty and mean etc. It is easy to give them both barrels what for and smack em because they are being bad children. Worse than children actually. Need to slap em. But you do not feed the troll too much anymore because it goes downhill at that point.

I think in the future certain games will make it possible to have the teamwork where you apply combat power in a meshed and single force to absolutly have victory in a game map. But would require the same quality of opponets to do the same. That is most difficult when you throw 64 random people into a server unless you are already organized by voice comms before all enter at one time on one team whatever it might be.

Times have changed. And not necessarily for the better. In some ways it's really good with the graphics etc. But it's also bad when trolls do what they want to destroy your own team from inside out.

AModelCat Thanks this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Our team is like that. Mic and practicing is not optional and we all do something different well.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    @x1Heavy this is proficiency!

Had surgery today so to take my mind off my pain this wasn't a complete game I joined late but did ok.

IMG_1004.JPG

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. pcfreak

pcfreak Heavy Load Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Watch Dogs 2 looks like it will be a lot of fun. Waiting for it to come out for PC.

7. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Welcome, If you like war games online or campaign Battlefield 1 is one of the best war games I have played. Ive got some good videos I am making and remaking.

8. pcfreak

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    BF1 does look like fun as well. Been watching some of the Youtuber gamers playing it. Wish I was not on the road and had a place with real nice Internet. Some of these games can run upwards of 60 gig download size.

9. TROOPER to TRUCKER

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    I'm a XboxOne player with 2 external hard drives. I don't drive anymore but I wanted to start the thread because it helped me pass time.

10. pcfreak

Apr 22, 2007
    Alberta, Canada
    Not worried about the space on my laptop. I have room for 6TB with current available drive sizes. One game can really make a dent in my mobile data cap. Up to 100GB per month. Been playing with a different toy lately, so not much gaming for me. Wish I could get away from driving myself.

11. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Make that excess of 100 gig. ARMA 3 and a number of others. They grow as the updates are pushed.

I happen to hold the installers etc. So that C drive gets full. Since it's a stack of 6 SSD's (Vertex 3) in Raid 5, that is not a issue.

That is one reason I build bigger monsters every few years, the bloat is incredible.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.