Garmen dezl cam?

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by J Rich, Sep 8, 2018.

1. J Rich

J Rich Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga
    Is there better out there? Is this normal for this GPS?

My problem with this GPS is it records all the time, but I can only go back and watch video from a "saved event". I even bumped into the back of a car that pulled out in front of me once, but the hit wasn't hard enough to trigger the camera to save it. You can't go back and watch footage that wasn't saved. Even from 5 minutes ago. Even on the "saved events" it only catches a couple seconds before the impact.

This GPS will also send you around your elbow to get to your butt hole.

I have to cross check some of my destinations with Google maps to make it's sending me to the right place.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    That’s a $500 item. I’m thinking about getting one because I like my garmin dezl gps and wished I got the combo one.

4. J Rich

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga

YES IT IS! Now thinking it's a waste or wondering if there were better options out there a couple years ago when I bought it. Although the cam did save me a few weeks ago when a 4 wheeler tried to push my KW out of his way. That did end well for his Subaru.

5. IluvCATS

IluvCATS Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Seattle, WA
    Well the thing about the garmin sending you in odd ways that don’t make sense is something you deal with if u have a RM too. I’ve now had both. The garmin is better. It allows you to do more. I keep both my cell attached to my dash set on google maps and the Garmin running the truck route. That’s the way to do it. Cross checking the route for mistakes.

The camera problems you are having makes me think just get a separate camera unit now. Sad. Maybe buy a 2nd camera lol

6. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    It saves the last 1 1/2 hours and over writes as needed. You can go to the cam and the option to view unsaved footage is there.

J Rich Thanks this.
  7. J Rich

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga

Seems like I've went through every option, but I'll look again.

8. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Look at the bottom where you can view your saved footage, there is “unsaved” and click on that.

J Rich Thanks this.
  9. J Rich

May 28, 2018
    Atlanta Ga

Well I'll be dang! Found it. Wonder if I put a larger SD card will it have more than an hour under the unsaved? Thanks again.

10. cjb logistics

cjb logistics Heavy Load Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Liberal Ks
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.