Gartner Trans. Yankton, SD

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by mac, Jun 27, 2007.

1. mac

mac Bobtail Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Gartner Transportation, Yankton, S.D. Pay checks bounce, cant get repairs done

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    check with the Da's office in SD there may be some felony's that can be filed against the company owners. It is illegal to write a check knowing that there is not money to cover them. The amount of the checks may determine weather it is a felony or not. It varries from jurisdiction to jurisdiction as to what amount makes it a felony.
    I have used the Da's office as a threat a few times to get my money out of someone that bounced a check on me.
    Then of course I never accepted a check from that person again they were put on a c.o.d cash only policy.

4. woofless

woofless Light Load Member

May 24, 2008
    Armour, SD
    this is an old message I know, but since I found this message on a websearch....for anyone else who happens by here, I figured I'd mention they fixed the payroll problem long ago. There was a problem with checks bouncing for a few weeks last summer, but they always fixed it the following day with a direct transfer to my account plus reimbursed for my bank fees. They changed banks and fixed the problem for good, I haven't had a check bounce since last july.

been working for this company for over 1 year and I have few if any complaints. In fact I am very happy. they are not perfect, but no company is? Never had much of a problem getting repairs done, safety issues with equipment have always been handled promptly. I've had to "nurse" non-safety issues a few times but this is a small company and when there is a 1,000 dollar difference between getting it fixed at Volvo/Kenworth/TA, or letting the boss fix it in the shop- can you blame them for trying to save a little money?

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

5. Truckerjo

Truckerjo Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2006
    Indiana
    Hum? I happen to know a little about his company and at this point I will just say the payroll issue is not fixed.

Anybody want info just PM me cause I am all about the truth when it comes to companies I know much about..

6. jdfrc

jdfrc Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    The rubber check issue has been solved...he just doesn't pay you.Teflon Rick, the owner, ignores labor board disputes,creditors (Has supposedly filed Chapter 11. Paccar is trying to find their trucks),detention,layover, HOS,equipment safety issues,home time. Cares only about getting most per mile per load(understandable) and will leave driver sit unpaid for days whether it's to get a better rate or make a decision on a critical repair.Will also send a driver into a known dead zone and can't figure out why he loses money coming out.Lost his own authority due to unpaid taxes and expired permits, signed on under another company(MCT ),got fired from them,and is working on his third one(RFX). All in the last couple months. None of which is due to his own ignorance or neglect of course. So if you think you want to work for Gartner, rethink it or just bend over.

7. drtaylor

drtaylor Bobtail Member

Nov 22, 2008
    When I lost my job with Gartner Transportation, I had no way of getting to SD to get my personal property out of the truck. My family tried to make arrangements to get it coming from Missouri, but Rick told them he would not be available. By the time i could get there Rick said my property was stolen from the truck. I am out a 26" LCD tv, a Playstation 3, digital camera, photos that cant be replaced, all the clothes i had at the time. I beleive Rick took this property out of spite, I mean who would steal someones dirty clothes that were in the truck?.....Rick would. This guy is a thief and his recent bankruptcy is just the start of his karma coming back to him

8. pinball

pinball Bobtail Member

Nov 23, 2008
    sd
    why did you lose your job?

9. Timtruck

Timtruck Medium Load Member

Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I guessing that you mean COMCAR(they are the parent company of MCT and Willis Shaw among others). PACCAR is the Parent company of both Peterbuilt and Kenworth and I doubt if they care where some company's trucks are. Although the bank might be if he owes money on them and they want to repo them.

10. jdfrc

jdfrc Bobtail Member

Mar 4, 2007
    No Karma is probably correct and yes paccar does care. I answered the phone on that particular call,had no idea who it was or what it was about. Told teflon rick it was for him he wanted to know who it was, so I asked, the response was "#### , they want their trucks ,I'm not here,I'm signing the papers for chapter 11 this afternoon, we need to hide the truck until then." The truck was then driven across the Nebraska line and stashed on a farm way out in the boonies. As for the driver losing his job with them, when gartner signed on with MCT he had drivers and equipment that did not qualify.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.