Gas City, Indiana Dedicated Run questions

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by jayfish, Sep 11, 2015.

1. jayfish

jayfish Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Fowlerton, Indiana
    I just saw an ad, about the Dedicated Runs from the Walmart DC in Gas City. I actually live like 7 minutes away from the DC currently. I actually got my cdl through Knight Transportation School, when it was opened. I don't have any real experience, as I left Knight shortly after due to some miscommunication. I got left in Chicago, as my trainer forgot to pick me up. I've since taken on a job at a Walmart actually, as an overnight stocker. Anyhoo, my question is, for anyone running this dedicated account, do you actually get to come home daily? How is the pay and miles? I would also assume if I applied for it, and got the position, I'd have to be out with a trainer for a bit. I'm really thinking about the job now. If it can keep me close to home, and actually home daily I'll most likely take the leap. I'd just like to hear how everyone likes the account, and how they like the company.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    They have been running that ad forever...and they have a third parties recruiting for that...this would lead one to believe that it sucks.

With the harvest starting you might want to try getting on with a big farmer....don't even need a cdl and could probably make $15/hr.

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Yep...it's all over Craigslist in my area. They are even offering $5,000.00 "Re-location" pay, to move drivers into the area for that account. WHO DOES THAT?!?
    You are wise to do your research...however; since you already live 7 minutes away...why not ask the drivers themselves?

5. jayfish

jayfish Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Fowlerton, Indiana
    I wish I could ask the drivers themselves. But they actually keep all of the trucks inside of the walmart dc here. I think it's like a mini terminal for them.

6. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    If I remember correctly there is a small truck stop right down the street from the Wal-Mart DC... Maybe see if an US Xpress drivers are parked there?

7. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    That Walmart gig isn't bad. Got a $900 a week guarantee. I think if you live near there then you're home daily otherwise you're home two days a week.

USX is a good company overall.

jayfish Thanks this.
  8. jayfish

jayfish Bobtail Member

Mar 12, 2015
    Fowlerton, Indiana
    Thanks. I've gotten quite a bit of replies in the Facebook group. Good and bad, like normal. Heard the Auburn, Indiana Walmart run was better. Also heard that Gas City ran mainly to chicago, but starting the 22nd, they won't be going to Chicago at all anymore. Heard different things. I've just got to make my mind up about either Gas City or Auburn, and still contact the recruiter on Monday.

TruckDuo Thanks this.
  9. sean john

sean john Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2015
    I drive the auburn Walmart acct, its great! I am home every night, get gaureenteed pay. No touch freight. I would highly recommend this job..e mail if you have questions, jonroyal62@ gmail.

10. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    How long have you worked in the office.....err I mean how long have you been a driver?

Trubb43 and TruckDuo Thank this.
  11. Nwernig

Nwernig Bobtail Member

Dec 14, 2014
    That's how the Houston walmart account is also

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.