Gas Prices & Jobs

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by BigDaddyJollyRob, May 11, 2008.

1. Ronnocomot

Ronnocomot Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2006
    IL
    What kind of benefits are we talking? Would you be better served by bypassing the nickel and dime health insurance and just getting catastrophic
    coverage?

Way cheaper and you are more apt to shop around for the day to day stuff you might need.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    My kids are deathly allergic to peanuts,1 is also allergic to seafood and has bad allegies. So bad that she's been getting nose bleeds. I just took her to the hospital to have it stopped and to get antibiotics for sinus infection.:biggrin_25510:
    I took the Mrs. for a drive to my job and she didn't like the 35-45 min ride.We drove past her aunts old house and she said DAM this is a ride. I should of done this the day after I interviewed for the company close to the house.She would of said screw the benefits for now and save the money in gas. A friend of mine just got hired from a company I applied to before he graduated from school. I will call them back to see if he's hiring more people. Thanks for your input.Rob

4. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ

You've been driving awhile. U should be able to live hear. Kingman is an old railroad town. Pop. now is 30,000. Truck co's here r IWX, CFI, FED EX GROUND, SWIFT, all small depots. I guess we might be called a truck town now. 4 truck stops. Walmart bought 145 ac here on I 40 about 2 yrs ago to build a distribution center. I think there waiting for the Hoover dam by pass to get close to completion till they start building. Walmart said there will be 500 jobs to start with and will go to 750.

The wages here aren't very good, $8-15 phr. the private prison pays $17 p hr, they'll be hiring 350 more in the near future. It was cheap to live here then it went up now it's going back down.

Prescot is different.

5. simon2341

simon2341 Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2009
    phoenix,arizona
    Hi, This is Simon

I am so glad to be a member of this forum

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  6. BigDaddyJollyRob

BigDaddyJollyRob <strong>"El Oso"</strong>

Nov 10, 2007
    WARWICK,RI
    welcome aboard:biggrin_255:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.