Gay Friendly Trucking Companies?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by joshuhl, Jan 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshuhl

joshuhl Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ash, Ohio
    Does anyone know which trucking companies are considered "gay positive"?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    Personally.... NO I don't know of any company that is strictly for homosexuals. But any company should hire you & run you as long as you require the skills that are needed to do the job and keep your personal life, your personal life.

4. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    I agree with Redd. However, I am also curious as to what exactly you are looking for in the way of a Gay Friendly or Gay Positive company.
    There are a lot of gay a lesbian drivers out on the road and here at the forum. Just like in any industry or community some have had positive experiences and some have had negative experiences.

free spirited1 Thanks this.
  5. joshuhl

joshuhl Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ash, Ohio
    I just did not want to step into a hostile environment with a new job.

I will be finishing trucking school in another weekend, and will be looking for a job.

:biggrin_25519:

REDD I did not ask about a company STRICTLY for gays.

6. REDD

REDD The Legend

Jun 29, 2009
    Dueling Banjoville
    You'll be fine. Just keep your personal life separate from your work.

7. LavenderTrucker

LavenderTrucker Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Omaha,NE
    I do understand your concerns about stepping into a hostile environment. Redd is telling you like it is. Keep your personal lfie personal.
    Only you know how gay you are. There are those who bring their sexuality into everything, and those who do their job and just happen to be gay also.
    If you do a search of the various times sexuality has been discusses here on the forum you will get a better understanding.
    When you go out with a trainer, a co-driver or at anytime really you have to respect anothers boundries. It really isn't hard to do. I am a woman and all my trainers have been male. It is close quarters, but, I have never had any issues. Obviously there were time I needed to change clothes in the truck while they were in there and vise versa, no problem, just pull the curtain.

I am curious, it says you have been a trucker for 13 years, but you are just graduating school and are unfamiliar with the trucking environment?
    What type of trucking were you doing for 13 years and why did you have to go thru school?

8. jim-oh

jim-oh Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Toledo,oh
    maybe that was just another fairytale.

9. Rollover the Original

Rollover the Original Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2009
    Springfield,MO
    Keep your sexuality to yourself until you have your own truck. Just like the military Don't ask don't tell! If you get put with someone who has a problem with gays it can fall down and hurt! Not everyone out here likes gays and there have been some very bad cases where someone got hurt badly in the parking lots and even on the road.

Yes you might be proud and liberal but there are certain times keeping the mouth shut is best(not meant as a pun, LOL). This culture isn't what I'd call "receptive" to the gay lifestyle but then again listen to them go insane when a lesbian comes on the CB!

10. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Why does everyone start asking about the industry AFTER they hand over thousands to CDL mills ? Don't worry about hostility because you're gay . There's plenty of hostility for other reasons .

11. MCss

MCss Light Load Member

Jun 30, 2009
    american
    wow..........................

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.