Gazoo Laptop Stand

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Gazoo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Gazoo

Gazoo Resident Mental Patient

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    A friend of mine gave me the base of an old mobile laptop stand and today I have finally started on trying to make something of it. I bought a desk yesterday that had an extra shelf, so, I took some bolts and some fuel line hose and made some legs to hold the laptop in place, now I just have to figure out how to secure the laptop to the base and I will be golden.

Pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Velcro might work for you. I've used it for many things in the truck - holds really well if you use enough :)

4. PappyGT13

PappyGT13 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Port Aransas,Texas
    Four 1/4-20 flat head screws with nylock nuts to secure desktop to stand, countersink heads even with surface. Velcro to keep computer from bouncing out of holder, soft side stuck to computer. Should work fine, looks like something I might build.

5. Gazoo

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    Care to try to identify the car in my pics?

6. PappyGT13

Nov 2, 2006
    Port Aransas,Texas
    Looks similar to the car my Police radar unit came from, a Crown Vic patrol car. Possibly Sheriff's dept. Not a lot to go by.

7. Gazoo

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
    [​IMG]

8. PappyGT13

Nov 2, 2006
    Port Aransas,Texas
    At least it's a Ford, knew it looked familiar. Where do you play?

9. Gazoo

Apr 14, 2007
    Bedrock
  10. PappyGT13

Nov 2, 2006
    Port Aransas,Texas
    What class is your car? Now I'm going to have to spend a while checking out the rules at your track.
    I race at ccspeedway.biz, sorry,don't know how to do link.Track went thru some real strange crap last year, but has a knew person leasing so next year is looking brighter. Class is Tx. Thunder (hate that name), prefer mini-stock, at least people know what that is.
    Also participate on txsz.com/forums/

11. Reby

Reby Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Springfield Oregon
    Keep in mind one of the weakest points on a laptop is the hinge where the screen hooks onto the base. So you may want to create something L shaped so you can affix the base and the screen to the stand with velcro (although your base looks ok with the rubber stoppers). The only real variable then would be how much vibrations/bumps you encounter and how they'd affect the base as it rests on the stand (my concern is it popping up and out of the holder and go crashing to the floor, eeek!). :biggrin_25524:

As far as mounting it, maybe a couple hose clamps? The round tube makes me think that would be the easiest way to mount it. Depending on your rig you may even be able to make a floor plate (like a patio table umbrella stand) to insert the end of the pipe into. Good luck and show us the pic's once you get it mounted.

-Reby

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.