General lee 10 meter cb radio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by 1hawnfisherman, Apr 23, 2018.

1. 1hawnfisherman

1hawnfisherman Bobtail Member

Apr 23, 2018
    Need help, I have a general lee cb radio and when I use the am function the radio ,squelch and operation is fine, but when I switch to the lower bands such as "A" , "B" ,"C", the squelch doesn't seem to work, is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I run the same radio, but have never run into this problem. This is maybe due to, i only use AM, and "D" channel. Just checked my radio, and no issues with AM/FM, or any channel A,B,C,D,E,F,G. Maybe take the radio to reputable radio shop, and have it checked out. I had to turn squelch knob pretty far to have it quite the noise.

4. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    you posted on another Forum that when you switched to "A,B,or C" Band you couldn't hear who you were talking to...That's because when you switched off of "D" band, you switched off the CB Band of channels...Person you were talking to would also have to switch to the Band your on in-order for you to talk to them...as for the squelch deal...I have no idea...never herd of that problem...you may have just not turned the squelch knob far enough to cut out the hiss...

5. 1hawnfisherman

Apr 23, 2018
    Thanks, we're in Hawaii and don't have any cb shops, so I have to send it to the mainland, any shop you would recommend?

6. Triple Digit Bullhauler

Triple Digit Bullhauler Heavy Load Member

Sep 6, 2012
    001 anywhere USA
    I can think of a few Konnection Electronics in Wisconsin. This is where i get my radios fixed, tuned, peaked, and buy my radios. Clays in Weatherford,Tx use to be a good shop. Maybe someone else may have other suggestions for you.

1hawnfisherman Thanks this.
  7. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Jericho Communications CB, Bakersfield CA. Been in business for many years, Commercial shop that also works on CB and imports

1hawnfisherman Thanks this.
  8. 1hawnfisherman

Apr 23, 2018
  9. old man of the road

old man of the road Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Is there room for a medically retired driver here. I got my ham ticket, was looking at 10 meter, but found a nationwide one on 2 meter. Nothigb wrong with the 10 meter band, just fewer idgetson 2. were yu aware you do not have to know morse code anymore to get the ham ticket. I used several programs on the internet to get past my tech ticket, preparing to take my general and extra class test during May. I will never drive 18 or the 48 again. Being retired was BOOOOORRRRRIIIING. found ham and love it.

You can get a 2 meter riadio for just a little more than 100.00, or a dual band handheld for under 50.00. Some handhelds can be pouch mounted and have speaker/mic's for convenience. Get back with me if you want to talk more about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.