George Washington Bridge - 2 trucks (1 death) 6/12

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by VegasfanNJ, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Dr_Fandango44

Dr_Fandango44 Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Just one reason why I avoid the GWB at all costs. I go around, for less hassle when I go into NE.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    Yeah a bunch of ignorant comments on that site. That's the general consensus of the population. Totally clueless.

Even if the driver made a mistake he deserves some respect. His family needs consoled. It goes to show what this communication era does to people. They rather sling mud than compassion.

RIP driver!!

48Packard, stevep1977 and Infosaur Thank this.
  4. yessir

yessir Medium Load Member

Apr 17, 2013
    queens, ny
    It's a shame to see how you guys talk when one of our brother get involved into an accident and died, speeding is not a federal offense or a crime all i needed to say was a felony charge is worst than a speeding ticket so be a man show some respect and don't act like yall are perfect i bet you go over the posted speed limit too you just haven't get involved into an accident yet.

5. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Article says nothing about the cause. Story I heard was some dude in a 4 wheeler stopped suddenly and got out of his car and jumped causing this mess. RIP driver.

6. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA

Wait so a guy trying commit suicide caused all this ?

I mean there are better ways to kill yourself besides jumping into the Hudson river . Just sayin .....

7. Derailed

Derailed Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Upstate NY
    Now they're saying even though it appeared to happen at the same time they are not linking the truck accident to the jumper. Seems awfully ironic.

8. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    How will they figure out which body they pull from the hudson was the jumper?

CenutryClass and tangerineGT Thank this.
  9. tangerineGT

tangerineGT Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Red Lion , PA
    Yea really , I mean hell if they dig deep enough they may find Jimmy Hoffa. Lol

Mr Ed Thanks this.
  10. stevep1977

stevep1977 Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Says the jumper stopped on the west bound lanes, accident happened on east bound side. Based on the damage it would seem the one tractor trailer was stopped and the other slammed into the rear end. Don't see how the front tractor could have been moving that fast if the rear ending vehicle was completely disinigrated. I guess it's possible the guy stopped to try and help the jumper, but seems more likely he was disabled and the other guy slammed into him. Just speculation on my part obviously...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.