Georgia trucker looking to start a team

Discussion in 'Drivers Looking for a Team Driver' started by Jardo87, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    First I will introduce myself, my names Justin and I'm 30 years old. I am a Air Force Veteran and I have been trucking for 5 months now. I am a smoker but I am trying to quit. Everyone says I should have been a comedian. I work at Danny Herman and I love it here. We run vans only. I'm making about $60k a year but my parents work here too and team drivers make $85k each. I will let you pick what shift you want to work, I have worked both and I don't mind either. As a solo driver I run coast to coast average 1900 miles an assignment and get between 2700 to 3700 miles a week. No north west and no north east and they keep me moving. I'm in a 2017 kenworth t680 paccar, but ive noticed all the team drivers have 2018 and 2019 kenworths. I've got the latest rand mcnally gps and a mini fridge. Solo bonus is 12,000 miles to get $.06 for every mile driving and a safety bonus of $.02 for every mile driving on top of my $.37 a mile. I know that teams only have to get 17,000 miles a month which will be a peace of cake. I'm comfortable with staying out until we hit bonus and then heading home for 4-6 days. If you are interested please fill free to shoot me any questions that you have.

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I thought I wanted to do team, but I have so much junk in my truck there's barely room for me. When I switched out my stuff Friday the mechanic helping said you got a family that rides with you?

Sirscrapntruckalot and Jardo87 Thank this.
  4. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    No no family with me they are at home. I'm not sure what truck you are driving but my kenworth has a lot of room. I even have 4 weeks of cloths with me.

5. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I love KWs. I just carry a little of everything. I don't give truckstops one dime I don't have to. Complete tool bag, clothes for a week, cooler (No apu, no fridge) and lots of drinks and snacks. I am always out of time so never stop. I fake my 30 minute break at deliveries. I have a thread with my storage box and bedding.

6. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    I always recap so I never run out of hours. I don't have any tools, Danny herman has plenty of terminals to get truck looked at if need be. I have apu, fridge, outlets, and a thermo king. Even a tv mount in truck but I don't really have use for a tv.

7. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I thought I wanted all that stuff, but I tell you, after 11 of driving in traffic all day when I hit a truck stop it's shower, eat and sleep. Get up and do paperwork. Time does go fast though.

8. Jardo87

Jardo87 Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Paperwork? I just take pictures of bol and snap a picture and transflow it through my phone. I rarely get caught in traffic.

9. Trucking in Tennessee

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    We have to do tripsheets also along with transflo. One for each new load.
    Empty miles, loaded miles, fuel stops, drops, pickups, etc., etc.

Jardo87 Thanks this.
  10. aahensleigh

aahensleigh Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2018
    Arizona
    W
    Where are you based out of?

11. Donkorja

Donkorja Bobtail Member

Aug 2, 2018
    Hello Justin my name is Donta'( Female) I am needing a partner in team driving I am located in Georgia as well. You can email me at donkorja@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Jardo87 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.