Get compensated for inspections?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by trucko, Jul 20, 2017.

1. trucko

trucko Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2015
    I dumped all bill of ladings into toilet.

And now I am back to mobile app that really substitutes papers.

I had Super Dispatch from the beginning and now I use GOFORIT app. GOFORIT app has one nice feature that allows you to do more inspection on Auction vehicles and you can get money for it if somebody buys that inspection from you. You are kind of HUMAN CARFAX :D

Well, why not? Do not we transporters sometimes hold much better information than your mechanic? :D we certainly do! When we haul trade in vehicles from Dealership to Auction are not we guys who used car dealers must love? We are :D

So somebody did this app and it allows you to do car inspection for free, no matter how many users you have on the app and in addition you might get some money for each inspection you do.

Used car dealers get notifications that this dude dropped off car on this auction. So before Auction database shows the car has arrived somebody already knows about it.

Yeah man, I was always thinking car haulers are holding amazing information that can be used and somebody actually built the app for it.

So what is your experience with electronic Bill of Ladings, have you used any of these mobile apps?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelushlarry

thelushlarry Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    glasgow ky
  4. trucko

Aug 3, 2015
    Yeah, do inspection on the vehicle you transport from Dealership to Auto auction. Do more than just exterior inspection, like upload engine photos, interior photos, check engine light, check vehicle underneath when it is on your trailer and you can make money as CARFAX makes $45 for each vehicle :D

Plus dealers might subscribe to you and when you drop off nice vehicles on the auction dealers get notifications.

INFORMATION MAN! THESE DAYS INFORMATION IS EVERYTHING AND WE CAR HAULERS HAVE F AMAZING INFORMATION FOR EACH VEHICLE WE TRANSPORT AND NOBODY GAVE A SH** UNTIL NOW

5. diesel engine

diesel engine Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Wtf
    How much money is there to make on that

6. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Here's the problem I have with this.

First, why would I buy a car inspection from you when I dont know anything about you?
    How do I know you even performed the inspection?
    Where did you get your information from?
    How do you gather info?
    If all your doing is basic inspection, heck I can do that.
    Are you getting accident/flood/fire damage info etc?

I mean..... I dont think so....

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Ruthless Thanks this.
  7. djbattle

djbattle Light Load Member

Jun 27, 2014
    Carfax is good at that stuff but having a professional send you a C/t at the auction who takes responsibility for the car after it leaves ,Not writing on the back of a 4 inch gate pass with no chain of command,is good for both sides and we should get something for doing it

8. trucko

Aug 3, 2015
    You seem to be Dry van trucker, otherwise car hauler will not ask those questions

First of all I am more reliable and independent than used car dealer, also I have fresh information as I have just dropped off the car, you see date, when car was dropped off, I have hauled 10 000 cars in my career and I seem to be an expert at some point. And most importantly I can post engine videos, take photos underneath the car, CARFAX or auction website does not offer it to you.

All in all, the conclusion is car hauler has F*** important information and you cannot deny it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.