Get Insurance with an accident/violation?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Keet, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Keet

Keet Bobtail Member

Aug 3, 2016
    Wanting to know if I can qualify for owner opp insurance with a recent accident on my record? Ran off of the shoulder. Was written a vilolation for failure to maintain lane control. Will this prevent me from getting insurance or just make my rates higher? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. selftaughttrucker

selftaughttrucker Bobtail Member

May 21, 2015
    Baltimore, md
    I'm not sure but I just tried to get insurance for a truck I just bought and the company denied me. In the last 3 years I have driving at a speed not prudent 10/23/2014,
    Obstructing a lane 2016( which they qualified as speeding ) but I was just in the no truck lane smh. Also I had an accident back 10/23/2014

Good luck!

4. Socal Xpress

Socal Xpress Road Train Member

Dec 6, 2014
    Los Angeles, Ca
    How many years of experience? What other violations/accidents in the last 3 years? Are you leasing on to someone's authority or you getting your own. The accident will affect your rate .

5. selftaughttrucker

selftaughttrucker Bobtail Member

May 21, 2015
    Baltimore, md
    I have 11 years experience. For the first year im leasing on with a company but I was trying to get the insurance, plates etc under my name. That way im free to go whenever. No other violation or accidents. I just cant believe that they consider me blocking a lane as speeding.

6. blade

blade Heavy Load Member

Jan 30, 2009
    Some where, Mo
    Just makes rates higher if you are getting your own numbers if leasing on depends on the carrier

7. kimbosa

kimbosa Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2011
    lufkin texas
    Try nitic.com they insure experience.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.