getting 100 $ deducted because bol wasn't sent at the time when broker asked ?

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by DLJ, Jun 23, 2020.

1. DLJ

DLJ Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    confirmation does not state that after the broker requested the bol a couple of times they were going to deduct 100 $ , i sent the bol by the end of the day , what can i do in this situation , broker is being reported to truckstop

I glide 47 and Coffey Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Are u sure its not written in the fine print that "x amount will be deducted from the rate, if pod is not sent within x amount of time ?"

I saw one a couple months ago that was buried so deep u wouldnt see it unless u read the rate con more than once. They wanted pod sent in before i left the jobsite or was subject for 250 fee......

User666, Coffey and Deere hunter Thank this.
  4. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Two sides to this story I’m sure. Probably neither wrong. Sometimes things just happen. I’d bet money it’s on the rate con somewhere though.

5. DLJ

DLJ Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2017
    it;'s not listed on rate sheet , just says " must fax bol when load deliver " it was sent a few days later when broker requested , same day of the request by email was sent by the end of the day

D.Tibbitt and Deere hunter Thank this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Well, up to you how far you want to press it. If you are in the right then demand they make it right and also show you where those terms are spelled out.

alds, Coffey, D.Tibbitt and 1 other person Thank this.
  7. Wespipes

Wespipes Road Train Member

Jul 14, 2019
    I just email them a pod after every delivery

alds, bryan21384, Coffey and 2 others Thank this.
  8. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    Argue with them. Be eloquent and sound professional. Tell them that what you said here and if they are good people, they will give you 100 back. If they are dishonest then they won't, in which case, tell them what you think of them. Maybe then they will feel bad and you will feel better. The money, however, will be difficult to recover.
    And I honestly don't know, what else I could say here.
    Good Luck!

clausland, Coffey and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  9. bad-luck

bad-luck Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Sad to say just another dirt bag broker. Ask to speak to his or her supervisor. Tell them you got the bol to them as soon as you were able. Also let the rest of us know who they were!

User666 and Coffey Thank this.
  10. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    Could be that the broker is being a tool but more likely it's their customer wanting it in a hurry. Only once or twice have I had a broker who asked me right after for a POD. I usually just send it with invoice withing 24 hours and rarely hear anything.

I gotta say though, don't you have a phone scanner or something? If a broker asks me for something like that I send it to them within a half hour or so of asking. Anything that holds them up holds me up getting paid!

11. 77fib77

77fib77 Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2010
    St Louis
    Did you send it same day of delivery?

Coffey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.