Getting a Blue Bird Bus imported into the US

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by truckmore, Feb 24, 2021.

1. truckmore

truckmore Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2021
    Hi, I am looking to a purchase a Blue Bird Wanderlodge that is currently in Canada, but was originally built, titled, sold in the US. It is a US Goods Returning situation, so that CBP part should be fairly simple from an import standpoint. The problem that I have is that I am not allowed into Canada and there is no feasible way that the seller can get back in if he drives it across the border to me.

Are any drivers here regularly crossing the border and is it possible to hire someone to do a driveaway to help me get this thing across the border so I can complete my purchase during these crazy times of COVID19? I can't believe what a pain this has been to try to figure out. Thank you for any insight you can provide.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. K-Jack

K-Jack Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2015
    www.drivestardelivers.com is a Canadian based truck driveaway service, they can probably recommend a customs broker to set up any import docs correctly

4. truckmore

truckmore Bobtail Member

Feb 24, 2021
    Thank you very much. I reached out to them and am hopeful they can help. So far I have struck out with the other companies I have talked to. It sounds like the border control is pretty crazy right now. I even tried contacting companies with lowboys and landoll trailers to see if they could deliver it that way.

5. Brucesmith

Brucesmith Heavy Load Member

Jun 16, 2012
    It is not that simple. When the Canadian imported the unit the title is canceled. A good broker can handle that part. The owner cannot enter the USA and you cannot enter Canada. A US driver cannot enter Canada. But it could be driven to a near the border city in Canada and shipped on a lowboy. Maybe one of the RV delivery outfits can help. The border regs are just plain stupid. Another option is for you to fly to Canada. But you would have to quarantine in a hotel until your test results were available. The hotel could be as high as $800 a night. Maybe you could sneak across!!!! Are you a truck driver? You could cross as a team with another driver. BTW> I own a 1988 Bird, PT38. I am in Canada. It is in Mexico and I cannot get there!!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.