Getting a job on "Ice Road Truckers?"

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by Owner's Operator, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildkat

Wildkat <strong>Arctic Mistress</strong>

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Typical male response....

:biggrin_25526::biggrin_25526::biggrin_25526:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east

i bet she wouldnt say that if the show featured him....

4. durrty

durrty Light Load Member

May 10, 2008
    east

why do you have to be an idiot to watch the show ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  5. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Well, never having driven north of the goldmine at Stewart, BC (unless you count Lac laRonge, SK) I certainly don't have the same experience you seem to Wildkat. My hat's off to you for the ice roads and the fact that you spend a lot of time in the real weather. However; just because I haven't made it that far north, doesn't mean I or others don't know a thing or two about driving in real weather. I used to haul cyanide to various mines in the NW US and Canada and was climbing 14.5%+ grades weighing in at 105,500 lbs. I wanted to get up there and do some running on the ice roads, but the mine in Dees Lake closed before I got the chance and I missed it by a few weeks.

You have some neat pics in the gallery, there. I have a few, myself, that look similar, only there's terra-firma under the ice.

I have to admit; I watch the show and it drives the wife nuts because I pull it apart at every turn. It's like a train wreck. I just can't stop watching. I certainly don't consider myself an idiot for watching it, though. Maybe I am.

6. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Oh, please don't take my sarcasm the wrong way, my hat's off to you on your runs too. I used to run super B's around the Mackenzie's too, spent a fair bit of time around Kitwanga, Telegraph Creek, & Deese Lake. I can recall taking a bath in a creek on the road to Atlin once! I'd been on a road crew spraying calcium & I was tired, hot & extremely dirty...there was a nice flat rock out in the middle of the creek...I threatened the guys with slow casteration & death if they came near...I grabbed my bottle of shampoo & a towel...###### that water was COLD, but it sure felt good to be clean!

I just get tired of some of these guys who've never been off a 4-lane interstate...well you know what I mean...nuff said...I'm no better, no worse, just different! I just can't stand what Hollywood has done for a good, well paying job & made it into something that it is not...makes me want to upchuck... and at least they could have hired some DECENT people to be on the show...good god...what proffession are they going to ruin next????

:biggrin_25511::biggrin_25511:

7. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60

featured who?

8. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    Yes, Ma'am, I certainly get your point. I would love to get up North and run for a while and experience the ice roads. I feel it's about all I haven't done, where roads are concerned, in the US/Canada.
    As far as Hollyweird is concerned, seems like more often than not they ruin whatever they get their hands on and completely misrepresent the subject.

9. nighthunter1981

nighthunter1981 Bobtail Member

Aug 25, 2008
    imler,pa
    Yea wild cat id like some info on that ice road truckin~ id like to try it ~

10. Wildkat

Feb 24, 2008
    Somewhere North of 60
    Well nighthunter, if you have questions you actually want honest answers to, I'll do my best to answer them. If I don't know the answer I'll say so.

:biggrin_25512::biggrin_25512:

Just please remember I run the far North, there's no truckstops, no phone service, no internet, so it may take me a few days to get back to you.

11. Native Dancer

Native Dancer Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2007
    Portland, Or.
    Last week when I was in Whitehorse I picked up free WiFi while parked at the Airport Chalet. Picked up three sites. I don't know how long it has been available there as I never bothered trying before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.