Getting back into the game.. What trucking company do you suggest ?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BCV, Jul 14, 2018.

1. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Will look into it.
    Why choose Millis ? What do they offer over other companies ? What is it like at Millis for a first year driver and going through their training period ? When I was moving cars I'd be out 14-20 days and my wife is similar to a rattle snake so I don't mind getting away for extended periods... The only time it gets to me is late October early November because I'm a bowhunter but, How often do you get home?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Looking into CFI right now... Thanks!

Vic Firth Thanks this.
  4. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Check out CFIs thread under trucking companies. If you’re looking for long haul runs it seems CFI has that.

5. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I'll probably get laughed right off the message board but I've been with Schnieder a year and really have minimal complaints about the place. The opportunities are really limitless as to the type driving you want to do. I'm currently part time and only have to work 7 days per month or as much as I like. They always get me home when requested, paychecks are on time and correct, and the equipment is generally satisfactorily maintained. I run when I want to (days 4am-mid afternoon) and have never ever felt pressured to do anything unsafe nor have I felt the delivery time frames were unreasonable or challenging. Yeh, they do some hand holding regarding safety but if you check out the Tuesday morning new hire classes you'll see why. Maybe I've just got a good DBL that doesn't mess with me but overall the job is a piece of cake and I've never felt misled, lied to or taken advantage of. Bringing home $800ish per week isn't really hard after deductions and 20% into 401k. I'm sure there are better options but this place has done right by me so far.

clarkboys6 Thanks this.
  6. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Nothing but respect. I'm looking for driving more than being home but what's their pay schedule? Every week? That's also important to me.

7. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    Weekly. Friday's. They have a great company app that let you keep track of your shipments and expected pay for the week.

8. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    I've earned the quarterly safety/performance incentive and at a year I think I'm currently at .48/mi.

9. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Sounds good. Nice job. Hard to believe all this from Schnieder and you only working 7 days a week tho...

10. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    I think the greatest appeal of the place to me is that I essentially tell THEM when I want to run, or as they call it, my next available time. I work hard and am available when I say I will be, run hard and NEVER hear a peep out of them. I've worked elsewhere where they were always flipping my clock; days to nights. No thanks, just not worth it to me.

11. Av8torcrj

Oct 7, 2015
    I only HAVE to work 7 days per month. I've worked a full time schedule for them, multiple weeks out for many months but the grass grows too fast in the summer and I'd rather be home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.