Getting back into the game.. What trucking company do you suggest ?

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by BCV, Jul 14, 2018.

1. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    That's a serious incentive that I could handle with no issues.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Have you looked at Abilene? I think they are in Virginia. Also a thread on someones experience. I see them on the west coast lately.

4. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    No... I haven't heard of them but like the fact they could be local. I'll search the thread... Thank you.

5. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Wil-Trans also stays in the eastern states. Pay is about the same as Millis.
    Millis is a good choice though.

BCV Thanks this.
  6. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    You da man... Respect

Chinatown Thanks this.
  7. LonesomeWolf

LonesomeWolf Bobtail Member

Jul 14, 2018
    I got home every week on regional (out of Illinois) but only got 2200 miles or so. OTR got home every two weeks or so.

BCV Thanks this.
  8. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018
    Thanks for reaching out. I'll look into and appreciate it.

9. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    1st off their training program is top notch. You are required to go with a trainer for a minimum of 15,000 miles. They don't require trainers to team like a lot of these other companies out here. While with that trainee you will be making .43 and getting paid for every mile the truck is dispatched on. Doesnt matter if you only personally drove 2000 miles and your trainer drove 1500. You're getting paid .43x the dispatched miles. My students regularly are bringing home $1000+ while on my truck with me. Not many, if any, other companies come close to that.

2nd is the equipment. Everything is 3yrs old or newer and equipped with SiriusXM paid by Millis, DirectTV with the NFL package paid for by Millis, a refrigerator, and room to put a microwave. Maintenance is really good for the most part.

3rd is you are left alone. Get your load assignment and deliver it. None of this checking in all the time etc there is very little micromanagement here.

Lastly is just the overall feel of the company. If its winter time and its snowing or freezing rain whatever, and you dont feel comfortable driving...shut down notify dispatch and noone will say a word and try forcing you to keep driving. Everyone I've ever interacted with here has been top notch people. They have a minimum $50,000 guarantee for 1st yr drivers. I made over $60k my 1st yr here and I took ample hometime. You will talk to alot of drivers who've been here 5+years its just a good company plain and simple. Good luck

10. BCV

BCV Light Load Member

May 26, 2018

That sounds good... What's it cost to go through training then how soon will I be making money? From what I've read, it appears like there's an extended out of pocket period from the time someone signs up until you actually start driving w a trainer and getting any cash coming in?

11. keen98

keen98 Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2014
    It costs $100 to reserve your spot in class. Classes start every month i believe. Then 1st day of class you pay $400. Class lasts 3.5 weeks and yiu arent paid during that time. Hotel has free bfast and then lunch is provided by Millis. Dinner is on you. Then you'll go with a trainer and recieve your 1st check the 2nd wk on his truck.

BCV Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.