Getting Broker license, To avoid friend from selling his Tractors.

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by Carlosfreightbroker, Jul 21, 2022.

1. Carlosfreightbroker

Carlosfreightbroker Light Load Member

Jul 21, 2022
    I end up becoming the broker? I mean it’s pretty simple I don’t know how you don’t understand that. I invest in the trucks keep them going help him pay for it. Grow a company with dispatchers and agents with trucks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wichris

wichris Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Good luck to your buddy. Just hire you as a salesperson for his company. No need to become a broker, just trading money from one to the other.

4. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    So in a matter months you need to find shippers for all the starting points and destinations of the trucks Or he’s still going to be using other brokers until you can fully keep his trucks busy.

5. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    "Tell me you know nothing about the trucking industry without telling me"

6. Carlosfreightbroker

Jul 21, 2022
    I have experience in the trucking business. More than half of my family are truck drivers and dispatchers. Now I see a chance becoming a broker.

7. Carlosfreightbroker

Jul 21, 2022
    Of course it takes time and I have to build my name as a broker. But having someone who has trucks would help me and my chances to grow, correct?

8. Carlosfreightbroker

Jul 21, 2022
    He is not just going to hire me like that. But I can grow my name as a broker agent then as a official broker and my friend has his trucks going already. We all have time why not use it to have a growing business?

9. Carlosfreightbroker

Jul 21, 2022
    Also that’s called cash flow. It helps everyone

10. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    No, no it won't.

If you already had broker experience, maybe, but you don't seem to understand where and how brokers get their freight and what their relationship is to carriers in general and their "own" trucking company.

What you seem to be planning is on par with hiring on as an IC with a Chicago suburb based company. Failure is the only option, it's only a question of when and how broke you'll be.

11. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    So basically you plan on him going broke and selling the trucks. Because you don't need a broker to establish contracts with shippers directly. Shippers are not going to work with a new broker. With no experience. Unless you are really under cutting the others. Plus you don't need to be a broker to arrange for your "friend" to be able to move loads for a shipper. It's called a direct contract. SMH

So pretty much you are not doing your friend a favor. Rather you are creating a job for yourself in his company.

The AB5 law only means he can't have his business in CA. Which is easy to change. With a simple address move to another state. Register the trucks in another state. Thus your "friend" can keep running like normal with the way he is already making money. No need to give you a job that will be throwing money in a hole.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.