Getting Carded?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Exit310, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Exit310

Exit310 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    What is the procedure to get carded @ fuel terminals? Does your trainer decide or does someone that works @ the fuel terminal ride with you?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LDLWells

LDLWells Heavy Load Member

Jan 14, 2019
    If this is like a refinery, they make you watch an orientation video and your company is responsible for making sure you know what you're doing

MrJoop, Roberts450 and Exit310 Thank this.
  4. ErieMcDreary

ErieMcDreary Medium Load Member

Dec 4, 2016
    Erie PA
    It varies by terminal. Some you just have to request it, others require a 3 time loading with a "trainer" (usually a carded driver) and pass a short test, and anything in between.

MrJoop, haz-matguru, tscottme and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Exit310

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    I would be at the Birmingham,Al terminal, i was wanting to know if a manager or Supervisor from the terminal had to watch or ride with me before i get carded.

6. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    You'll be trained by someone in your company. Then when you've got the system down, someone from the vendor will observe you from start to finish, loading your tank. Then that person will issue your card..

7. Exit310

Jul 13, 2011
    cullman,alabama
    When i get carded, if i decide to work for another company will i have to go through the process again or once i`m carded that`s it?

8. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I worked for a jet fuel delivery co. When I left, I kept the cards from the 3 racks where I picked up fuel. If I changed compAnies, I would just notify the rack. They may re-issue a new card or change the employer name on your card. The vendor controls the cards, and fuel jockeys change companies like crazy. The vendors get used to seeing you, and know you, so they make it easy on you and themselves for keeping your card active and current.

Don't make too much of this unknown...it's pretty simple and painless.

MrJoop and Exit310 Thank this.
  9. joshuapowell61

joshuapowell61 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2012
    I'm currently in training with eagle, and I've earned:motiva, kinder-Morgan, and marathon. I've got citgo and Magellan 2 left.
    Here's the 1st one I earned:marathon

Attached Files:

10. joshuapowell61

joshuapowell61 Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2012
    Just earned another one, and I should have my citgo card by the end of the week. After three weeks I'll finally be out on my own!

Attached Files:

Midwest Trucker Thanks this.
  11. darknessesedge

darknessesedge Medium Load Member

Jul 8, 2013
    the card is yours....

Exit310 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.