Getting tired of the Roehl game

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by ETCH5858, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Medium Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    NW PA
    My opinion ~ A "top notch" carrier is one that you can put up with. ;)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. grc56_tn

grc56_tn Light Load Member

Jun 24, 2009
    all over
    every carrier has their quirks .... it's just a matter of which quirks and how much of it you can/want to put up with ...... my priorities are different than yours

sayter_74 Thanks this.
  4. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    I have about 17000 miles under my belt (just started in may 2009 with schneider) and i still have backing issues at times...its a learning curve that takes time so after 8000 miles it doesnt surprise me that a person would still have issues...so to say that maybe the guy just cant drive after 8000 miles to me is just not right...

5. Buster

Buster Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Kingston NY
    We were all "newbies" at one time or another. We shoulnt forget that. I see "saltie" guys back in the tightist of spots and admire thier ability. But I'm sure they struggled once as well. So when you see a "newbie" backing in a spot and it takes a few shots, give him/her a brake, you were wet behind the ears once too.

Just my 2 cents.

6. lowest pete

lowest pete Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2009
    The Badger
    If someone says they can back up in any spot, without any problems, with no help and they can do it all the time, they are full of it, and need to find a new job. I know guys with 30 years + exp truckin and they still have trouble backing up. Here's the thing folks. Backing up is the hardest part of the whole thing. You will never be able to do it perfect everytime, and if you can, as I stated, you need to quit lying to us and everyone else, and get back to reality. This is all in one shot mind you not pulling up and redoing it. This is pulling up the first shot and putting it in the first time.

SmileyisSexy and mycorky Thank this.
  7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    I have seen a few who could back in to some of the tightest spots you've ever seen and do it in one shot- they're disgusting! I still have backing issues and the easier it should be the harder a time I have.

sayter_74 Thanks this.
  8. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    I took a lot of #### from drivers like you who was drinking the Roehl cool-aid. Now you see for yourself what kind of company they really are. My husband and I did a lot of favors for them. Saved many a load for them. Stayed out longer than we wanted, came back out sooner if they ran into a problem and see what it got me.

9. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    MyCorky...sorry that Roehl did you that way. They have become very underhanded. My opinion of them has done a 180 and to me they have become a member of the bottomfeeders. In the past if one had problems they just let them stay with a trainer for a few more weeks. As for the backing, what exactly was their problem with it? In any event, keep Roehl in your rear view mirror where they belong. I have posted my experience with them on this forum. People didn't believe me about them. Now I see many more in the recent months after my departure have experienced problems with them. And I agree Jason is the best. He was my instructor and he really cared about helping one learn. I wish Rick Roehl would read some of these posts although honestly I believe he couldn't care less.

10. GypsyWillowDusk72

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Well I don't know exactly what qualifies a top notch carrier but one criteria I want is one that isn't sneaky and fasifies entries in a drivers file. One who make statements and backs them up. Roehl has fallen short on many issues that would make them a decent carrier. They have changed and not for the better.

11. ETCH5858

ETCH5858 Medium Load Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Don't get so excited and claim victory yet. Unlike you I have a say in what they do. I can turn down loads and choose where I run. Yeah I do feel sorry for company drivers at times. But the money Roehl has paid me since switching to O/O makes some things alot more tolerable. On the post we are talking about here I made the mistake of accepting loads into the northeast. I got stuck and it pissed me off. The only good part was I made over $2000 to take that load and that includes fuel. I got upset because I ended up sitting 48 hours because of my decision to take a load. Yeah I wish Roehl would have moved me quicker but sometimes I have a knee jerk reaction to things and that ain't always good.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.