give 8yrs to pam transport and if you quit see what happens

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by firefightercarey, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    You do not have to be cited by the police for the company to say you could of done something to prevent a accident and therefore charge you with a preventable accident.

And can we stop with these people who say, I work for this company and it did not happen to me, so it must not happen at all.

I can tell you that at most OTR company's they quickly find out who can do the job by bending the rules and who wants to constantly be a pain to deal with. And guess who does not get ded runs and cupcake loads when they piss off ops by making them actually do their job right.

If your company uses computerized dp and your late on the load through no fault of your own. You will still probably be charged with the failure unless someone in ops does something to prevent it. I have seen guys get charged service failures on locals because the driver who dropped it did so before the appt time and then they got the load after so the computer charges them. Then something happens and you tell the company to f off and they push the button and they all go to DAC saying what a crappy on time service record you had.

How do you know it was not a problem? Maybe earning a paycheck and not sitting at a t/s on the b list was more important then getting a respect merit badge from Dudley do right.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2011
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ThePaleRider

ThePaleRider Bobtail Member

Sep 18, 2011
    gj colorado
    i do recall reading that his wife was having a baby.besides that things come up where u need to be off the road for a few.only to come back to find out you have been black balled.seems fair?what say you?

also no matter when "illegal info" comes out should'nt matter, sure it's alil distasteful but does that make it not true based on timing?idk how long you have been driving for or how things have changed since i came off otr driving.but last time i was running otr most if not all companies booked loads to where you ended up running in the red.booking loads based on speedlimits rather than your own hours.at the same time they did'nt mind if you had to sit at a dock for 2 hours or more. ofcourse this was years ago.so im guessing alot of things have changed over the last 7 or so years. i just know when i was running otr it would'nt be odd for a driver to run 18 hours str8 driving b4 calling it a day.

if things have changed tho through company booking policy then maybe it's been getting better?

thought i needed to edit this.because i know what your response might be.maybe it will go something like this?well if u know it's wrong you don't have to do it....yea you could do that and stand up to the company.then you would end up without a job simple as that.so u end up doing what you have to do to pay the bills....just an fyi if everyone went by the gov book rahter than the company book no one would have a job....im talking about any job not just trucking.the gov can't even tie it's shoe yet it wants to have it's nose in everything.

4. biggen0_8

biggen0_8 Light Load Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Poverty Knob
    I'm always amused by the people who register on this forum and their first post is to tell us how some big bad company screwed their buddy. Evidently their buddies can't speak for themselves.

5. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    I'd have to say, there's more to this story than where getting

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    2nd hand hearsay is never reliable.

kid_cardiac Thanks this.
  7. kid_cardiac

kid_cardiac Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2008
    Florida
    I never said it dosen't happen at all. I just don't let it happen to me. Period. The DM's in my company (especially the automotive) will use any trick in the book to keep you moving, no matter what. I mean, how hard is it to put your foot down and say, "Legally, I cannot pull this load," or "Legally, I cannot make the receiver/shipper on time."

Not that difficult. Remember, it's your butt on the line out there, not the guys in the office.

drvrtech77 Thanks this.
  8. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    It's always a friend. He sure gets upset over a friends problem. :)

If the DAC is false, contest it and sue them for slander.

9. ne019821

ne019821 Light Load Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    True. I've told that to my dispatcher on my second load and there wasn't a problem. Two phone calls, one to the dispatcher and one to the receiver and everything was gravy.

Sent from my EVO

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.