Giving me the bird

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Day Cab Daddy, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Day Cab Daddy

Day Cab Daddy Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Yes and there was a news article i forgot where abouut road rage shooting, but man i just get heated in the moment by the stupidity of people, just sick of it. But you cant fix stupid...

D.Tibbitt and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Day Cab Daddy

Nov 12, 2019
    Ill try that man..just get fed up after a while, i mean almost every single day i have to have a run in with some idiot.

D.Tibbitt and truckdriver31 Thank this.
  4. Day Cab Daddy

Nov 12, 2019
    Ill try brother ill try thank you

D.Tibbitt, truckdriver31 and tarmadilo Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Car drivers FEEL they are ENTITLED to have the right of way everywhere they go in all situations. How dare you drive your truck on HIS road.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  6. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Creating a situation in his mind where you are wrong is how he ignores his faults.

7. Troy_

Troy_ Heavy Load Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    I've been flipped off by a few idiots in 4 wheelers, most times I just wave with a smile, or blow them kisses. seems to really get them revved up and I get a laugh out of them raging and just chalk it up to other circumstances in their lives making them angry.

this summer a dude flipped me off, I was pulling out from being parked along a curb near a gas station where I'd stopped to grab a coffee. before I pulled out I had a look to see if anyone was coming from behind me, it was clear and I started out. as I'm pulling away from the curb I have another look, I see a ford half ton turning off the highway onto the service road a few hundred meters behind me. this dude just guns it up to the back of my empty tri axle lowbed and honks the horn, I'm still moving and now blocking the entrance into the gas station he's in a hurry to get to. so I stop. he guns it again and passes on my left and flips the bird as he passes.

I don't know why, but I snapped. I pulled the maxi button and jumped out of my truck, waving him to come on over and discuss the situation, he turns into the gas station in the next driveway maybe 20 meters in front of me and drives around the back of the building and parks. I get back in my truck and slowly drive ahead, when he pops out walking from around the building I wave and say through my open passenger window "go on, run away #####" he chirps something and I just repeat what I had said, waving him away with my hand and smiling. my other truck was right behind me and saw it all, comes on over the two way and says "what the F is that guy's problem?" I laugh and say "typical ###h0le driver" and we carry on.

about 20 minutes later I get a call from the boss...who happens to be my 75 year old father. he doesn't drive anymore, but he's a licensed HD mechanic and takes care of our shop work and repairs. I run day to day operations, when I go out to work he answers the phone and gets my permits, in the winter he heads to Arizona and I run everything until he comes back in the spring.

he asks if I had an altercation in Whitecourt, I laugh and ask what the guy said and my pa says the guy called whining that I said some mean things to him. I tell him the situation, he has a chuckle and says he figured it was something stupid. I've been driving for the family company for 30 years, he knows I'm not a hot head. I ask him if the guy's phone number showed up on his phone, he says yes but is reluctant to give it to me, I explain that I'm gonna prank this guy hard by saying I'm from the company's HR department and need to hear his story to discipline the offending driver. he laughs and gives me the number.

I spent the next two weeks calling this guy several times to get the full story, each time asking for a different detail, and getting him to email a written statement, diagrams and photos of the service road, fuel station, and anything else I can think of. when he starts to get put off and not wanting to participate I explain how this driver has been a real problem for the company and his help is what we need to get this guy fired and off the road because he's such a hazard. he finally had enough and stopped answering my calls.

maybe I'm a dick, but I had fun doing it.

8. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    I usually give them a smile and thumbs up.

9. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  10. truckdriver31

truckdriver31 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2013
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.