Giving me the bird

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Day Cab Daddy, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Day Cab Daddy

Day Cab Daddy Bobtail Member

Nov 12, 2019
    Just want to thank each one you guys for saying your stories and giving out advice..i guess i didnt have a question or concern, was just venting on here to you guys, so thanks for reading and all the feedback..stay safe brothers

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    The first few years I drove, goofy drivers would get under my skin pretty bad, as time went on, they no longer bother me, hell I pretty much expect it anymore. I am glad I do not have to run down there in all that traffic and deal with the masses you guys do anymore . lol

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Over a longer time period I get to where people do stupid stuff. Myself included.

All I can do is laugh hysterically and inappropriately, scaring those who have not had the oppertunity to escape helicopter parents growing up. //snark

The old wyle E coyotes vs the Road Runner involving more or less some thought in physics are useful for getting that out of my system so I can deal with idiots inside a Corporate tower.

The sooner thats over with the faster I escape back out onto the big road.

I remember one meeting where I could not sit. So I started pacing the room examining my rig quietly warming up outside. Big suit says are you in a hurry today?
    \
    Asked my dispatcher, thats usually the case when I am not in here wasting time waiting on another suit. Am I in a hurry with that load in that rig over there?

That really puts him or her on the spot. They hate me for that. I told Big Suit that if little suit wont get here we go to him or her and resolve this right now. Times a wasting on that load. You want it late or not?
    \
    We found little suit in 4 minutes I was rolling in 7.

sevenmph, D.Tibbitt and Day Cab Daddy Thank this.
  5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I support the next Civil War. The sooner it happens the less we have to rebuild.

D.Tibbitt and Day Cab Daddy Thank this.
  6. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I would like to point out the fact that if it was a multi-lane road that you were turning onto and you used more than 1 lane to turn onto THEN you were not as right as you think you are.
    Not picking on the OP but in general.

Day Cab Daddy Thanks this.
  7. Day Cab Daddy

Nov 12, 2019
    I have to use both lanes otherwise i wouldnt be able to clear it..my 53 ft would be all over the curb and grass, and i couldnt swing out into the lane next to me since there were cars in that lane...

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  8. Day Cab Daddy

Nov 12, 2019
    The road i was turning on to was just 2 lanes one way-westbound and than 2 lanes eastbound..it was not a 3 lane road..i have to use the two lanes...i can’t make a right turn from the right turning lane into a right lane..i have to swing out into the left lane otherwise my trailer will be all over that curb and grass..i wouldn’t block all three lanes if it was a three lane road im not that much of a dick, give me some credit at least before you think im that retarded..

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. LtlAnonymous

LtlAnonymous Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2016
    I used to get very angry about stuff like this, but in recent years I have had a shift in perception. I view people in cars as my children. They do stupid things, they don't know any better, and they rebel against Daddy. Lol

10. olddog_newtricks

olddog_newtricks Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2018
    When someone flips you the bird just blow them a kiss.... it leaves them both mad and confused.:eek:

11. REALITY098765

REALITY098765 Road Train Member

Sep 17, 2017
    I get all that however you still made an illegal turn and trying to blame someone else cause you in a hurry. You didn't have the right of way.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.