Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I asked about trl when doing some yard work a while ago. It's used for trade shows. If you look inside it has the material for a booth at a show.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Kind of screwed myself. Took a Sumner for the first time over a Blaine load but forgot to take into account a likely Roadrunner backhaul on a Friday which never gets loaded until late Friday/early Saturday. So here I sit for a good long while and probably going to have to do some night running to get it delivered into San Antonio on time to make it back to GP for my Wednesday OB assignment. Oh well at least the weather is holding out up here with no ice or snow so could be worse.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Got an early call from Outbound today. By 10 a.m. I got a load to Brownstown, MI. Picks up Sunday, delivers Tuesday.

5. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Don't know if you have done that one before but if not there is some empty warehouse parking lot space to overnite just past the entrance to Sam's. Turn L into drive just before overpass and keep to the left as it splits and you should see the empty lot to the side of the big warehouse.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
    supersnackbar Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    This will be my 1st visit to this customer. It's been offered, but I've never accepted. I have delivered to some mom-n-pop's up there, but never to Sam's. It looks like the weather might be with me this trip...looks like a lull in the ice and snow...just gonna' be chilly.

7. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    It's one of my favorite trips, a solid 1200 miles and usually good back hauls.

Does anyone know if the Roadrunner facility in San Antonio has any empties for d/h? They are closed until Monday so can't check until then and can't decide whether to run nights and get unloaded by 12 Tuesday or a more leisurely day schedule where you can d/h until 1630. Thanks for any info, also is there overnight parking at that facility?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  8. jdrentzjr

jdrentzjr Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2007
    All over the USA
    Unless things have changed, it's a very tight facility. I think there is room for three trucks outside the gate if you park to the left. However, the Petro and Pilot are at the same exit. Negative on the drop/hook.

9. LilRobWayne

LilRobWayne Medium Load Member

Oct 17, 2012
    Rogers,Arkansas
    If you're talking about the place in Selma it's a small place. However, they will usually let you drop the trailer and bobtail out for the night. They can take awhile to unload us sometimes. I arrived at like 15:00 the last time I went there. They quit receiving around noon but let me drop the trailer and unloaded it early that next morning. I just bobtailed out and returned to pick up the trailer around mid morning with no issues. Good luck with it. :)

10. majestyk

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    Thanks for the insights guys, it is indeed the Selma location.

11. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I put myself on poly West outbound for Monday on Wednesday got no load for Monday. Friday he said I MIGHT get loaded Tuesday. Is it that slow here?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted