Glad I went lease purchase

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Whatagal, Jan 18, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whatagal

Whatagal Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas
    Granted, I only started with JCT 2 months ago & I don't love the company. I got into the lease purchase because I wanted to see if being an O/O was 'right for me'. I might not like or be good at keeping records, etc. And with a lease purchase, I can walk away at any time. Can't do that if you're buying your truck & decide its not your thing. I paid to go to truck driving school. With a lease purchase, they are paying me to go to school AND providing me with various safety nets such unlimited free towing, & warranties that will last longer than my employment here. Because JCT orders so many trucks, they get added warranty time, & the unlimited towing, that O/O's can't get.

It's $1.20 cpm + fact + safety bonus + .15/gal on fuel bought at Pilot/FJ + you can get paid extra for some hot loads.

I said I don't love the company. Mainly, but there are other things, they use Omnitrac with macros. Macros are preloaded fill-in-the blank templates. I despise getting messages exclusively via macros. I either have to pull over to respond or use the Transflo app & certify I'm not driving, although I am, in order to respond, all because they want a record of every conversation.

Also, there is no chain of command. No one to go to if staff does you wrong.

The motel they put you in for orientation is infested with ####roaches and crackheads.

I quit driving for some years so now I currently have less than 2 years verifiable. When I hit that 2-year point, I'll decide if I want to go do a lease purchase that pays % or get a company job that pays at least $90/k/yr.

The thing to remember is, in trucking there are many, many options. Each option has a hundred variations. You're never really stuck anywhere, unless you buy a truck & even that can turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to you. So, go ahead. Try the things that interest you. It'll be okay.

Caveats to the loser nay-sayers who, themselves, obviously failed at leasing:
    I did not say WHEN I went to school; I already know JCT has, like almost every business under the sun, been sued; you are a pathetic troll.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bumper Jack

bumper Jack Heavy Load Member

Dec 5, 2021
  4. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    It seems that you have found that elusive "sweet" lease purchase deal that others talk about.

5. TheLoadOut

TheLoadOut Road Train Member

Nov 6, 2019
  6. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Gotta love those “walk away” lease agreements.
    You do realize they can walk away at any time too if their name is on the title?

buddyd157 and Phantom Trucker Thank this.
  7. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    1.50/mile, be still my beating heart...

Oh yeah, deductions....

So 60 cpm ? after stuff shakes out.

Eh, could be worse, and as you said, its a viable method to dip your toe in to see if you want to do o/o, but personally the way most leases are written, you dont really get to the cost savings of say... doing your own wrenching (in other words, funding your toolbox)

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  8. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    So at 1.20 I'd imagine you'd have to run in the ball park of about 3500 miles weekly to have a chance a turning a profit.....but if you can make 90k being a company driver, I'd wonder why a driver would do lease. 90k as a company OTR driver seems a bit ambitious too.

bumper Jack Thanks this.
  9. Whatagal

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas

Are you trying to look smart by imparting common knowledge?

10. Whatagal

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas
    Good question Bryan. Of I wasn't making a profit, I would not be able to pay my personal bills. Although it's only been two months, I figure I would have noticed by now if that were the case.
    A "chance" at turning a profit? What makes you think that you are the only one who understands these two symbols: + - ? So, that was a dopey comment.

I thought I clearly stated that at this point I have less than 2 years verifiable, thus my opportunities are limited. I have searched employment sites for company OTR jobs that pay at least $90k/yr. There are several but not for anyone with less than 2 years verifiable.

I'm getting good miles here but, as I said, there are things I dislike about this company. Sitting around is one of them. By 3 p.m., when I'm out of hours, I'll be 2 hours from my 8 p.m. delivery appointment. I normally sit between loads, but never long enough to get a reset. To reiterate: I said I was glad I went the LP route. I did NOT say I was glad it was with JCT. They don't suck, I just don't love them.

11. Whatagal

Aug 3, 2020
    North Texas
    I apologize for your misunderstanding. Parts of my post, such as cpm, were for informational purposes only. Your heart can be as still as it wants to be. The more still, the better, Mr. Drama Queen.

And, yes, I've seen plenty of you nay-sayung trolls try kill others dreams by pretending that if they can't invest in expensive tools to work on their own trucks or have some place suitable for doing said repairs plus the knowledge to do them, them they, like all of you, will fail. That's b.s. & you know it. In fact, one does not need a CDL or even know how to climb up into a truck in order to get a fleet going. Plenty of people have but instead of lurking around trying their best to keep other people down, they are busy running their successful companies.

Dear Nay-Sayers: If you can't be constructive, intelligent or truthful, this might not be the thread you want to use to dash the hopes of people who may very well be more successful than you.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.