Going 100% independant...

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by Kdub99, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Kdub99

Kdub99 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2019
    Hi, so i was thinking of going 100 independant and getting work from loadlink or another loadboard if there is a better one. right now I am contracted owner op and have a steady work doing bc-cali-ab triangles. If I do it im going to get a tandem reefer and try getting my work going doing typical i-5 routes and others. But how have your expierences been? Is it worth it or no? Also do to this covid-19 might hold off on the plan for bit.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Weekend Warrior

Weekend Warrior Light Load Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Sask
    Lots of uncertainty right now due to COVID; if you've got a good gig for now, I'd stick with it, then revisit the solo plan once things get back to kinda normal for a bit.

Either way, best of luck to you and stay safe.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    This would by far be the best time to get into your own deal with a reefer, but only with direct shippers. Brokers are gonna scrape off almost as much as the carriers are. Loadlink is super expensive and the I5 corridor is one of the most expensive fuel routes and virus routes...not sure on your thinking there...

5. Kdub99

Kdub99 Bobtail Member

May 8, 2019
    Any pointers on how to get in contact with direct shippers. I know some local ones and have talked to key members in there circle. But I dont know nearly as many I would like to know. And yes with this corona I'm going to hold off a bit but I want to build a good plan and then pull the trigger rather than just getting a dot and doing it.

6. Marmon110P

Marmon110P Light Load Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Google is your friend here. Get their email, send em a nice message asking if you could meet with them. When and if you do, bring a nice little carrier packet with you that describes what you do and a few business cards.

dustinbrock Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.