Going to TMC July 21st

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Cesag, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Cesag

Cesag Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Des Moines, IA
    I was just accepted to go to the orientation class for TMC on July 21st. I will be at the Des Moines site. I was just wondering if I would be joining anyone from the boards.

Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rob332

Rob332 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Will be there one week prior to your arrival. I fly out Sunday 13th for orientation starting the 14th.

4. rocksteady

rocksteady Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Canton, Mi.
    I will be there on the 14th also. I hope this place works out for me. I am tired of cheap no miles companies. At least you have a percentage option here.

5. Cesag

Cesag Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2008
    Des Moines, IA
    Awesome, I hope to see both of you out there. Good luck and I also hope this works out. I have heard alot of good things about this company but you never know until you try it for yourself!

6. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Good luck to all of you, and welcome to TMC.

7. honor roll

honor roll Road Train Member

Mar 7, 2008
    NW OHIO
    Good Luck and be SAFE

8. Rob332

Rob332 Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2008
    Lexington, Kentucky
    Hey Rawlco,

What can we expect the first day. I have this image in my mind of standing in line a lot. I understand there is a physical/drug screen the first day. Have heard we wiill see a physican this day also.

I am flying out early this Sunday as it was the only flight I could get on skymiles, so, I will be arriving early at the Baymont Inn this Sunday.

Thanks

Rob

9. Rawlco

Rawlco Medium Load Member

Aug 13, 2006
    Central Maine
    Sorry I didn't check this earlier in the weekend. You are no doubt halfway through your first day of orientation so you can post your experiences for others who are curious.

The first thing is that you will get a packet of paperwork to fill out when you check in at the Baymont. You will also receive about 100 other peices of paper to sign before the first day is over. You will have the physical and drug test the first day. There are also a couple of multiple choice tests, similar to the ones you took to get your CDL permit, and also one on math, so bring your calculator. Of course when I flew to orientation my luggage including my calculator got delayed somewhere between Newark and Des Moines, so I worked out the simple math test with a piece of scratch paper, so it isn't hard.

Good luck, and remember that you are being tested, watched, and interviewed at all times. Orientation is as much about seeing how well you deal with "hurry up and wait" and other BS as it is about doing the paperwork.

10. michiganmaddman

michiganmaddman Bobtail Member

May 26, 2008
    Chesterfield, Michigan
    i ll be starting there on 4 aug ill let you all know how it goes . pretty excited

11. tadeusmatyas

tadeusmatyas Bobtail Member

Jul 12, 2008
    columbus ohio
    I'll be starting orientation july 28th. Pretty excited, but nervous also

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.