going to u.s. express

Discussion in 'US Xpress' started by TNspeedy, Aug 21, 2009.

1. TNspeedy

TNspeedy Medium Load Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    hey yall thy aint never nobody postin in the u.s. express thread.......so i a goin to try to do one of those post as you go threads here.....lol......anbody else goin to u.s express i will be there on 9/7/09......so if you are thinking bout joinin them and have ?s holler at me my dad drives for them thats where i have gotten all my info from......not no recuriter.......now back to the thread......i will not be able to post for while after i leave. i have to get another air card for home we cancled the other one so i dont wanna leave the wife with out internet...so if there any ?s holler if i cant answer it i will lie to you....lol just kiddin i will contact dad to see if he will answer it. yall be safe out there and we will see you soon

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucker's wife

Trucker's wife Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Menifee, Ca.
    My husband just applied at US Express, because he's getting jerked around at his current compnay. Do they have local runs in Ca.? He has 3months exp., what pay would he start out at? I couldn't find it on their webiste? He's tired of sitting around at truck stops, breaking down, getting wrong directions, and load assignments he can't possibly make. Is it any different at US? Thanks for any info...

4. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    i cant tell you the answers to these ?s just yet bu i do know they have a sliding pay scale.....and they have dedicated runs but 9 times outta 10 from what i have been told you have to run otr for a while to end up one one of them......did he got to truck driving school??????

5. Trucker's wife

Trucker's wife Bobtail Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Menifee, Ca.
    Yes, he went to United States Truck Driving School in Rialto, Ca.

6. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    shouldnt be no prob getin on then.....as long as he has a certificate i didnbt go to one and about couldnt get hired by them untill they gota hold of prime and found out i ent through and completed there trainin program.......that being said there is a rumor going around that they went to all teams......not true.....they promote teams but dad is not one and another friend wasnt one either and they get good miles and are treated good as welll so take it for what its worth!!!!

7. aml1984

aml1984 Bobtail Member

May 13, 2009
    West Virginia
    I drove for usx back in '07 and they really weren't that bad. I had a great dispatcher that kept me running and got me home when i wanted, but i can't say it's gonna be like that for everybody especially with the way the economy is. To answer truckerwife's questions, usx is just like any other trucking company. You will sit at truckstops, their equipment is pretty good but it does break down occasionally just like anything else, the directions are right probably about 7o% of the time so make sure he has a cellphone and notebook on him always. Anytime i got a load assignment i couldn't do, all i had to do was call my dispatcher and they would usually change the appointment time. Yes they do have plenty of dedicated runs but usually you have to have a year experience; there are some exceptions however. I wish him good luck

8. He Makes Me Laugh

He Makes Me Laugh Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My husband has worked for them for over a year and his dispatcher sucks. They lie do not ever get him home on time, almost missed his grandmothers funeral. They got him home 6 hrs before the services.

They have screwed up every home time plans we make as a family. Tonight they sent him on 2 jacked up attempts to pick up a empty trailer before finally admitting they did not know where a empty trailer was and sent messages to drivers be on the look out our trailers are getting stolen.

No kidding figure out a way to track them or keep up with them. A complete unprofessional company .

I guess you can tell I hate them with a passion and my husband's dispatcher. Mike ....which is never there , or just will not answer the phone.

My husband is to be home Sunday morning for the start of his hometime (in Oklahoma) and guess what he is stuck in OH because us xpress does not know where a empty trailer is ....so if they cannot find a trailer they will let him sit there until someone pulls their head out or pulls a trailer out of their #####.

I cannot wait until my husband gets out of this industry...

9. TNspeedy

Oct 23, 2008
    Greeneville,TN
    tell him to swtich dispatchers.....my dads doin good with them????

10. He Makes Me Laugh

He Makes Me Laugh Light Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Oklahoma
    How do you do that . They have his dispatcher down as his manager which is stupid.

My husband trying calling HR , no call back, called his dispatchers manager , no call back.

Do you have a number or advice on how not to be on hold for 25 to 30 min.

He was supposed to be home today and is stuck in TN now trying to get to OK but is being told they will try to get him home but cannot promise anything. They said freight is dead right now. WHATEVER

11. dr5169

dr5169 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2008
    chicago,il
    I dont blame yu..it is a crappy industry and the driver always gets the brunt of it... no wonder the turnover rate in the industry is about 200%..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.